• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attribute System need help!~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So i set up my map in a way that heroes wont gain any attributes by leveling, i am wanting a way to gain attributes via skill points. Now i already have a trigger set to give them more than 1 skill point per level. And the system that i want is one in which i can pick: Strength, Intelligence or Agility and raise them by how many points i decide to put in; EXAMPLE: Blademaster levels to 5, he has 10 skill points and i want to spend all of them in let's say strength, so i am looking for a way to add that in without boosting all three with the Attribute Bonus ability. I need a single section for each, like open a skill and then another panel appears and at position 0,0,0 would be Strength increase +1, beside it at 1,0,1 would be Agility +1 and at quadrant 3,0,3 would be Intelligence +1. and i could increase them as many times as i want as long as the skill points are available. Thank you Hive Community for any help that you may provide.

I have already tried making a spellbook ability for this and none of the attribute bonuses where there, it was blank. i then thought to try and see if both a regular and hero ability would show up in the book and they did, But not attribute abilities that i made.

Level 13
Use attribute bonus one for each attribute then slap it on ur hero.

Edit: or add an ability that when clicked selects a hidden shop. The shop contains edited items one for each stat then just add +1 to the buying hero

Level 24
If you are using skill points, then it is rather easy.
You create three abilities based of something like attribute bonus.
Make all stats 0 and make the maximum level 1.
Now you create a trigger and when your hero learns any of these three hero skills, you will unlearn the skill and increase the str/agi/int of the hero by 1(or more) of the respective ability.

Level 10
I have already tried making a spellbook ability for this and none of the attribute bonuses where there, it was blank. i then thought to try and see if both a regular and hero ability would show up in the book and they did, But not attribute abilities that i made.
Did you go 'Data - Show Icon = True' ?

Status
Not open for further replies.