• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Mana Burn bonus damage when enemy has 50% mana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello guys, i've been trying to make the mana burn spell from here Illidan Hero Concept for my ilidan in my map and i can't get it to work, how can i make it in GUI that when a hero have mana burn to detect when the enemy has 50% mana and do extra damage to him based of the caster agi and change the attack effect of the mana burn?
Thanks !
MvwLs8p.gif
q4jvCfS.png

Level 24
Look at the trigger and see how he did it:
Trigger Viewer | HIVE

Seems like a damage event system, I'd recommend Bribe's (that one that my resource you wanted uses.)
  • mana burn
  • mana burn
    • Events
      • Game - DamageEvent becomes Equal to 1.00
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Mana Burn for DamageEventSource) Greater than 0
      • DamageEventType Not equal to DamageTypeCriticalStrike
    • Actions
      • Set VariableSet ManaBurn[1] = (Mana of DamageEventTarget)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Mana of DamageEventTarget) Greater than or equal to 50.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Set VariableSet ManaBurn[2] = 50.00
        • Else - Actions
          • Set VariableSet ManaBurn[2] = ManaBurn[1]
        • If - Conditions
          • (Percentage mana of DamageEventTarget) Less than or equal to 50.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Set VariableSet ManaBurn[3] = ((Real((Agility of DamageEventSource (Include bonuses)))) x 1.50)
          • Set VariableSet NextDamageType = DamageTypeCriticalStrike
          • Unit - Cause DamageEventSource to damage DamageEventTarget, dealing (ManaBurn[2] + ManaBurn[3]) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Universal
        • Else - Actions
          • Set VariableSet NextDamageType = DamageTypeCriticalStrike
          • Unit - Cause DamageEventSource to damage DamageEventTarget, dealing ManaBurn[2] damage of attack type Normal and damage type Magic
      • Unit - Set mana of DamageEventTarget to ((Mana of DamageEventTarget) - ManaBurn[2])
Edit: forgot that this version of damage engine has recursion stuff, added change.

Last edited:
Level 9
Thanks a lot mate ! I will give a try to this in a few hours, 4 am here,i have to sleep xD, stayed late to make the other spell in that ilidan template, the "adaptive strike".
Later Edit: @Devalut do you have bribe system for 1.28.5? I can't use that..:(
I've did something like this and looks like it works
  • Mana Burn
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Mana Burn for (Attacking unit)) Greater than 0
    • Actions
      • Set ManaBurnCaster = (Attacking unit)
      • Set ManaBurnTarget = (Attacked unit)
      • Set ManaBurnReal = ((Max mana of ManaBurnTarget) / 2.00)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Mana of ManaBurnTarget) Less than or equal to ManaBurnReal
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Cause ManaBurnCaster to damage ManaBurnTarget, dealing 50.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
        • Else - Actions
Seems like if attack a unit that has 0 mana on default it directly triggers the dmg for 50% mana..how can i make it detect if the attacked unit has mana?

Attachments

• Illidan3SpellsP3in.w3x
    835.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.