• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making Uniform Cliff Ramps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Greetings,

Ever since I started using Warcraft III's Word Editor way back when I first got it years ago i have never been able to make large uniform cliff ramps. I've tried many times, dragging the cliff ramp brush every which way and using every brush size I could think of.

Here’s an example:

This is what I have so far:
(Sorry if the images are full sized, not sure how to make them clickable thumbnails. Some rep for anyone who can tell me.)

This what I want the end result to be:
(Note: This second image is photoshoped In Paint Shop Pro, I just want to show I would like the end result to be.)

I have tried looking for tutorials on cliff ramps here on the Hive but so far have had no luck.

Any help about what I should do to make more uniform cliff ramps or pointing me towards a guide as how to do them would be greatly appreciated. :grin:

Regards,

Jake

Level 5
Try making the cliff completely flat on one side, and only use somewhat-large right angles. I don't think it works with tiny little angles.

Level 14
The only way I've been able to make these work is by making sure I the sides I want the ramp to be on are linear.

Below is a poor example of what the cliff should be set-up as. (Think hexagonal)

.__________
.................\
..................\
...................\
....................|
....................|
....................|
..................../
.................. /
.__________ /

Start with the 'diagonal' sides first. Do each one individually. Do the 'horizontal' and 'vertical' lines last. Then you can touch up the terrain with raise/lower. Make sure you have pathing on when you do this, as the diagonal ramps may be unwalkable. Just keep ramping accross them until they work or redo it if it refuses to cooperate.

//\\oo//\\

Level 9
1: Higher the "unramped" cliffs to the same level (of height) as the ramps.
2: Ramp the cliffs.

So.
The cliffs are now like this:
(\ symbols = Ramp x symbols = Holes in the cliff)

CLIFF 1 (the upper cliff).
--------------\
--------------\
--------------X
--------------\
--------------\
--------------\
--------------X
--------------X
--------------\

CLIFF 2 (the lower cliff).
--------------\
--------------X
--------------\
--------------\
--------------\
--------------\
--------------\
--------------\
--------------X

Higher all the "X" to make them the same level as the "\".
After that, Ramp the "X" so it becomes a ramp ("\").

I can do this for you if you are lazy, just send the map.

~HaniBon~

Level 3
Is the problem the Lines ? that i think ?

Thats what i throwed for a minute or two if thats the case it must help
How.JPG

If its not for Strait line use this

Always start from the middle . And be stuborn some places want you to go around :D

How2jpg.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.