• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Walkable doodads and adjusting ramps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Okay first of all I've followed a tutorial here and searched for more info, nevertheless it isnt entirely clear to me, so to get the facts straight.

When you adjust the patching texture to none and enable "pathing - walkable" in the object editor, it does not actually make the object walkable, but allows you to phase through it, am i correct or am i just doing something wrong here/missing here?

Secondly, I've tried to adjust the size of ramps and elevators, but hmm, the major issue is that i am unable to find these in the object editor /facepalm as there simply is no bridges/ramps category in the object editor, so how exactly do you adjust the scale and such of these objects? Also, which objects would be best to use to make, a fortress wall walkable for example?

Level 19
search for the bridges/ramps in the destructible section not the doodad
take an ordinary bridge, set pathing texture to none and change the model to whatever you want
then use pathing blockers (find them in the destructible > pathing blockers and line of sight blockers) to prevent the unit from falling down
press P to see pathing in the editor

Level 4
Thank you, is there also a possibility to make the bridge just generally float in the air without having to raise the terrain?

Level 19
ofc just go to advaced and uncheck reset object height or something
then select your doodad and use ctrl+page up to raise or page down to lower it

Status
Not open for further replies.