• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making items in a shop that have requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I want to make a shop that has some items with certain requirements to have. I was having a major problem with the requirements NOT appearing on the item in the stores, despite the item having the requirements in the object editor.

After some testing, I realized that for the shop in the object editor, the inventory that you want to have requirements with (before you can buy) need to be under the category of "Techtree - Items Made" instead of "Techtree - Items Sold".

Now here is the problem...my hero can't seem to buy stuff that is listed under "Techtree - Items Made". It comes up with a message "No valid target" or something like that, as if a unit that can buy it is not nearby. Plus, all of my triggers for the items in this shop are based upon "Unit - A unit Sells an item (from shop)".

Does anyone know anything about how to make this work properly? Thanks!

Level 12
I want to make a shop that has some items with certain requirements to have. I was having a major problem with the requirements NOT appearing on the item in the stores, despite the item having the requirements in the object editor.

After some testing, I realized that for the shop in the object editor, the inventory that you want to have requirements with (before you can buy) need to be under the category of "Techtree - Items Made" instead of "Techtree - Items Sold".

Now here is the problem...my hero can't seem to buy stuff that is listed under "Techtree - Items Made". It comes up with a message "No valid target" or something like that, as if a unit that can buy it is not nearby. Plus, all of my triggers for the items in this shop are based upon "Unit - A unit Sells an item (from shop)".

Does anyone know anything about how to make this work properly? Thanks!

You would have to assign techtree requirements for each requirement(before you can buy). Put them in the form of upgrades that do nothing.

Research the required upgrade for the hero via triggers when necessary. Make sure the items require the tech.

I'm sure this needs more than just that, but that's surely where I would start testing.

Level 14
it may not be exactly what you want, but you could just use the recipe system here
then you can add tooltips and such to tell the player what items make what and so forth..

hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.