• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Upgrading the item shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello, guys! Need some help. I have a shop. It has few levels and on each level new items must be added (or unlocked). But when it's upgrading it's saving the list of items from the first tier. Techtree - requirements for items don't work too for some reasons - I'm adding shop of needed tier to list of requirements and adding this item to the 1st tier shop - and I'm able to buy it from the first tier ignoring conditions. What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Level 3
If it is for a single player map you can also do the naive approach by doing one for shop for each level of your hero and then replace them.

This is for multiplayer map. I was thinking about making it with triggers and replacing, but I'm trying to find more... correct solution

Level 9
This is for multiplayer map. I was thinking about making it with triggers and replacing, but I'm trying to find more... correct solution

Years ago I was thinking of something simlar. I have never tested this, but my idea was:

Create a dummy shop model, and create an invisible shop for each player at the same place. You can do this by entering an invaild model path in the object editor.

Now when a player select the dummy shop, then trigger the player to select the dummy shop.

I think theres a delay with the selecting trigger. But its an idea.

Level 3
Years ago I was thinking of something simlar. I have never tested this, but my idea was:

Create a dummy shop model, and create an invisible shop for each player at the same place. You can do this by entering an invaild model path in the object editor.

Now when a player select the dummy shop, then trigger the player to select the dummy shop.

I think theres a delay with the selecting trigger. But its an idea.

If you'll use triggers the simpliest way is to put an upgrade to the first tier of shop and replace it with a new one on upgrade finish...
Btw done based on this conception, but still searching for a solution - maybe someone else will need it

Make it a marketplace and use triggers to change the current selection of items based on level. Do note that it will show all items to all players.

Combine this with MeKC's method and you now have a useable shop for every player with different selections according to level or tier. So what you need to now figure out is how to detect a player's tier otherwise you can look on the shop-type buildings of each melee race and see how Blizzard did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.