• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making hero ability unavailable for learning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
What I would like is; each hero to have 4 pairs of abilities to choose from, but only able to choose 1 ability from each pair. I need a way to disable an ability when another ability is learned.

It would be ideal if there was something like....

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to ABILITY1
    • Actions
      • Hero - Make ABILITY2 unavailable for learning by LEARNING UNIT

obviously this action doesn't exist, what is a good way to do this?

Level 4
I think there is a "remove ability from picked unit" action that can be taken, i dont think there is one for a unit not being able to learn it. If you dont want them to have the ability why have them learn it? If you are doing this with a bunch of events, just use the "give ability to unit (triggering unit)" action, and then when you dont want them to have it remove it.

Level 7
Thanks Watermelon_1234, that works perfectly. Yes only one hero owned by each player. +rep

ClanOOKARep, I want the hero to have a choice of two abilities but only able to learn one. Once he learned one the other ability becomes unavailable. Thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.