• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making a unit cast WW while doing channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I want to trigger a computer hero to use WW while doing a channel Ulti spell like Tranquility for example but when i use this
  • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Orc Blademaster - Wind Walk
it makes the unit stop channeling the spell, i think becuz of the ordering, is there anyway to make it act like a human is clicking it and make it cast ww without making it stop the channeling

like maybe
  • Game - Force (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to press the key W
would that work or no.. maybe some jass script will do it without affecting the unit

Level 20
Ehm... You reaally need it to be 'Wind Walk'? You could create another dummy and cast invi to the first, or use 'Unit - Hide'. Any order different than the channeling will break the channel order.

Level 13
yeah well it can be done as a user so i wanted it to be able to be done as a computer as well, im sure there is a way..with a jass script or something..

kinda like this action will make the unit stop and lose what it was doing
  • Unit - Move TempUnit instantly to TempLoc2
but this will continue to allow whatever order it was doing previously to continue even after the moving action, this example is like what i need for the ww order.
  • Custom script: call SetUnitX( udg_TempUnit, GetLocationX(udg_TempLoc2 ) )
  • Custom script: call SetUnitY( udg_TempUnit, GetLocationY(udg_TempLoc2 ) )

Level 13
nah this spell is used for users too so i dont wanna mess with it like that also its not worth that extra effort to make the spell all custom with a dummy units becuz what if a user leaves and then i have to detect when it stops and remove fake channel etc.

This is only for a neat little added feature for comp AI to do so if its not something as simple as a jass script way to make a unit cast a spell without interrupting a channel then i guess i wont add it :/

ww and d-shield are the only 2 spells that work like this.. if u use a potion or have someone cast invisibility on the unit it stops the channel, everything stops the channel aside from windwalk and divine shield but i made it so d-shield wont work becuz its too op ofc.. ww isnt as much of a imba problem.

Level 13
yea i already did that but thanks anyway, i made a item used when acquired and had it be the ww ability :) good thing i just needed this for heros and not units lol, that giving ghost ability and remove wasnt a bad idea either :) i'll rep u both

Status
Not open for further replies.