• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Uninterrupted Casting/Channeling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ok... Here's my problem
When i order units/bosses in my map to do a channeling or a spell with casting time and during that time a player attacks triggering unit ,Unit stops and attacks the attacking unit.
-I tried setting acquisition range to 0 while casting but didnt work.
-I end up making triggering unit invulnerable but thats not the result i realy want.

Please help! :wink:

You are talking about the casting time period ?
It's simple. Just pause the caster unit at the beginning of the spell using above trigger and unpause him at the end of the spell.
What about a channeling spell like Aerial Shackles ?
In the channeling spells, the caster doesn't move when someone attacks him. But you can move him yourself, at this time he stops casting/looping the spell. However, you can pause him if you want (Using above trigger) and then unpause him.

Level 4
-Yeah... i get it about the casting time. Thnx :)
-I did some test every time the mob stops Aerial Shackles when attacked though

Χωρίς τίτλο.png

Level 4
No ... The Abomination Unit starts the Aerial Shackles spell but the moment other Units attacks, it starts running away...The only triggers applying to it is the one i sent you above and another one [Abomination 2] that checks if target unit of ability been cast has a buff if it does it heals abomination.

Level 9
you might have other trigger that do something with that behavior (issue order to attack when attacked), doesn't have to be specifically that Abomination, might be generic unit related.

other workaround would be having your Abomination cast a custom Channel that disable other abilities and having follow through time matching the duration, and then having dummy unit perform the actual spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.