• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Making a terrain tile unwalkable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I have been going through a tutorial posted on warhaven about editing a terrain.slk file to make certain tilesets unwalkable but I have not had any success so far. Through the registryeditor I could not even locate a Warcraft III folder in order to allow local files so I had to create one (didn't work). Has anyone come across this and fixed it?

Level 24
Well I tried something like this in a 64x64 map:

• Trigger
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer Int1) from 0 to 64, do (Actions)
        • Actions Loop:
          • For each (Integer Int2) from 0 to 64, do (Actions)
            • Actions Loop:
              • Set Temp_Loc1 = ((Point(-3328.00, -3328.00)) offset by ((128.00 x (Real(Int1))), (128.00 x (Real(Int2)))))
              • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                • Conditions if:
                  • (Terrain type at Temp_Loc1) Equal to Lordaeron Summer - Grass
                • Actions then:
                  • For each (Integer Int3) from 0 to 3, do (Actions)
                    • Actions Loop:
                      • For each (Integer Int4) from 0 to 3, do (Actions)
                        • Actions Loop:
                          • Set Temp_Loc2 = (Temp_Loc1 offset by (-64.00, -64.00))
                          • Set Temp_Loc3 = (Temp_Loc2 offset by ((32.00 x (Real(Int3))), (32.00 x (Real(Int4)))))
                          • Environment - Set terrain pathing at Temp_Loc3 of type Any to off
                          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Loc3)
                          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Loc2)
                • Actions Else:
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Loc1)
This was the result:
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

It isn't complete well made, but this is the idea.
I think he's talking about pathing blockers from the doodad palette.
Oh "doodad" I didn't remember how it is writing in English.

Level 9
Well I tried something like this in a 64x64 map:

• Trigger
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer Int1) from 0 to 64, do (Actions)
        • Actions Loop:
          • For each (Integer Int2) from 0 to 64, do (Actions)
            • Actions Loop:
              • Set Temp_Loc1 = ((Point(-3328.00, -3328.00)) offset by ((128.00 x (Real(Int1))), (128.00 x (Real(Int2)))))
              • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                • Conditions if:
                  • (Terrain type at Temp_Loc1) Equal to Lordaeron Summer - Grass
                • Actions then:
                  • For each (Integer Int3) from 0 to 3, do (Actions)
                    • Actions Loop:
                      • For each (Integer Int4) from 0 to 3, do (Actions)
                        • Actions Loop:
                          • Set Temp_Loc2 = (Temp_Loc1 offset by (-64.00, -64.00))
                          • Set Temp_Loc3 = (Temp_Loc2 offset by ((32.00 x (Real(Int3))), (32.00 x (Real(Int4)))))
                          • Environment - Set terrain pathing at Temp_Loc3 of type Any to off
                          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Loc3)
                          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Loc2)
                • Actions Else:
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Loc1)
This was the result:
View attachment 363097 View attachment 363098 View attachment 363099 View attachment 363100
It isn't complete well made, but this is the idea.

Oh "doodad" I didn't remember how it is writing in English.
I honestly didn't know doodad was a real word in english so no fault there.
Would you mind sharing that trigger in a map so i can play with it and see if I can use it?

That is still possible with current version (V1.32.8) but one has to alter the path a bit. First one has to enable Local files in regedit.exe. Inside regedit navigate to "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III" inside that "folder" search for a DWord named "Allow Local Files", if there is none create it. Set that Dword's value to 1.

Now close regedit: And continued in File explorer. Get the terrain.slk. And place it inside Warcraft III\_retail_\terrainart\

Level 9
That is still possible with current version (V1.32.8) but one has to alter the path a bit. First one has to enable Local files in regedit.exe. Inside regedit navigate to "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III" inside that "folder" search for a DWord named "Allow Local Files", if there is none create it. Set that Dword's value to 1.

Now close regedit: And continued in File explorer. Get the terrain.slk. And place it inside Warcraft III\_retail_\terrainart\
I have actually tried that exactly Tasyen but I can not get it to work. With that exact path in the regedit. The only difference is when I navigated to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment there was no Warcraft III file. I had to create it myself, and then create the DWord "Allow Local Files" with hexidecimal set at value 1. This may be my problem, but I do not know how to correct that.

Level 9
If you seek even higher performances than with that script you can use path brushes when you use zpirs's map editor or the hive world editor thus allowing to not need a script at map launch.
If i use the hive world editor, doesn't it only apply if i apply it when totally finished? thus making me have to apply it everywhere each time i release a new version?

Level 9
If you seek even higher performances than with that script you can use path brushes when you use zpirs's map editor or the hive world editor thus allowing to not need a script at map launch.
It seems zpir's map editor is in russian, also, and although I would love to learn the language I'm not sure its feasible to complete in the short time frame i need :D

Status
Not open for further replies.