• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tile Unwalkability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
I did that earlier but then i relized that the doodad maximum in a map where somewhere over 6000. This isn't enough... I need the whole map to be unwalkable. It is okey that flying units can cross it but i need ground units to not be able to pass through.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
  • bla bla
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set tp = (Target point of issued order)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Terrain type at tp) Equal to Lordaeron Summer - Dirt
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop
        • Else - Actions

Level 14
Or you could download JassNewGenPack over here.

This editor has the capability of removing the 8000 doodad limit and also,
gives you the ability to specify which terrain tile should have which pathing (walkable, buildable and flyable).

It is highly recommended to use this editor since it adds a lot of usefull funtionality to the standard world editor.

If you want to change your tile pathing in JassNewGenPack all you have to do is go to:
UMSWE->Customize Tile Pathability

This will show all the tiles which you can then select and change it's pathing to whatever you like.

If you really don't want to use JassNewGenPack for some odd reason, then an alternative would be manually creating a pathing for your tiles.
Here is a tutorial on how to create pathing maps:
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/pathmaps.php

You'll need:
Image Editing Software
an MPQ Editor (In order to edit a existing pathing map)

I hope this helps.

Level 14
Or you could download JassNewGenPack over here.

This editor has the capability of removing the 8000 doodad limit and also,
gives you the ability to specify which terrain tile should have which pathing (walkable, buildable and flyable).

It is highly recommended to use this editor since it adds a lot of usefull funtionality to the standard world editor.

If you want to change your tile pathing in JassNewGenPack all you have to do is go to:
UMSWE->Customize Tile Pathability

This will show all the tiles which you can then select and change it's pathing to whatever you like.

If you really don't want to use JassNewGenPack for some odd reason, then an alternative would be manually creating a pathing for your tiles.
Here is a tutorial on how to create pathing maps:
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/pathmaps.php

You'll need:
Image Editing Software
an MPQ Editor (In order to edit a existing pathing map)

I hope this helps.

You really have a lot of knowlage about the WE.

Status
Not open for further replies.