• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Making a nice map need some help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I statrted making this map a long time ago but i stoped cuz of school i am continuing the making now....

I need a trigger that will give you one wood every lvl your hero gains... for all the heroes. (i know this is a noob questiong but i could not put it toghether plz help me....) :sad:

Edit: oh i forgot to ask how to make my map at the start to not be revealed..

Level 7
Events:
A unit gains a level.
Conditions:
Triggering unit equals a hero.
Actrions:
Add 1 of lumber to player one resources.

Something like this.
BTW, you can find a the first events in "generic unit event"
The condition you can find in something that says like this. Triggering unit equals a structure just change the structure for hero.B tw i dont know the name of the condition.
And the Action you can find it in add player property.

Hope i helped.

I can help you with number two some other day because I dont have wc3 installed to figured the triggers but when I install it back if no one helps you I will ok.

Level 4
Events:
A unit gains a level.
Conditions:
Triggering unit equals a hero.
Actrions:
Add 1 of lumber to player one resources.

Something like this.
BTW, you can find a the first events in "generic unit event"
The condition you can find in something that says like this. Triggering unit equals a structure just change the structure for hero.B tw i dont know the name of the condition.
And the Action you can find it in add player property.

Hope i helped.

I can help you with number two some other day because I dont have wc3 installed to figured the triggers but when I install it back if no one helps you I will ok.

There is a small problem with doing it this way because you have to be careful not to have any creeps that give enough experience for a hero to level more than once for each kill. If a hero gains more than 1 level per kill then he will only gain 1 wood rather than the actual number of wood he should gain. I know because if you play my hero siege in my sig thats what I use to learn skills so each level=1 wood. Well sadly it doesn't work right but I have a new ability system that will fix my wood problem.

Level 4
i do not think there is a chance with that happening because my creaps are sooo though that youcan't lvl more then one lvl at a time... but tx for info :)

Level 4
can some one tell me how to make a magic that is pasive and gives 15 agility, 5 int., 7% invasion, 7% crit x4, 5% movement speed boost, 10% attack speed boost and 100 life...

Level 10
Uh..... You first make a dummy ability. Any ability you want. (A passive though) And then do this with triggers...Also you have to make all the other abilities REAL abilities based off from items and such. Probably Agility, intelligence and health boost will be based from items. Set them to unit abilities tho. Also make a spell based on spellbook and add all the REAL abilities into it. Set max number into abilities you made. And now here's the hard part..

Events
A unit learns a skill
Conditions
Learned skill equal to ( Ability you want )
Actions
Hide Ability ( last learned )
Add Spellbook ability to the learning unit
Set level of ( Real ability 1 ) to level of ( Your first learned skill )
Set " " ( Real ability 2 ) " " " "
etc...
etc...

That should work. Well I'm not on my editor now so I can't help that much.

Level 4
can some one make a smoke bomb item for me that inside gives 70% invasion if you do not have one speacial magic. :)

Level 7
With two items come together you mean recipes? In case you mean recipes they are really easy to do I'll explain you how:

Combination

Events:

Unit - A unit Aquires an item

Conditions:

((Triggering unit) has an item of type Item1) equal to True
((Triggering unit) has an item of type Item2) equal to True
((Triggering unit) has an item of type Recipe) equal to True

Actions:

Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Item1)
Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Item2)
Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Recipe)
Special Effect - create thunder clap in position of triggering unit.
Special Effect - create war stomp in position of triggering unit.
Hero - Create Weapon and give it to (Triggering init)

Thats how you do them.

Btw i dont get your post of the smoke bomb.

Level 14
If you know how to use JASS, use the recipe system that Diablo-dk made here
If you don't know how to use JASS, it's simple enough to use..
if you need any help with it, feel free to message me.. it was hard for me to understand at first but once you know what to do, it's remarkably easy.

and for the smoke bomb just make an item with the unit evasion ability and change it to 70% lol

btw, if you don't want to get infractions or -rep, don't triple post. but its probably not a big deal in this thread

Level 4
How do you make it so ppl when you are in the game can not change their colors...? (game has not started yet.)

Level 14
you mean like switching positions before the game starts? i dont think there is a way to do that lol

or you mean like, the color changing thing on the right? i think you just go to game preferences and change it there. (I don't know the exact name.. my cpu is down so i'm on another one without it wc3..)

Level 4
TX! :) can some one make a trigger that if you have a item specific item and you say somehitng like "-kill red" reds units die after 40secs and the item disappears.

Level 14
err well you could do something like this:

Event:
Player 2 types -kill red as an exact match
Condition:
Item type of "whatever" is in item slot 1 (or whatever you want) of triggering player
Event:
Wait 40 seconds
Kill unit owned by player 1

or something like that.. don't have WE open lol
and you'd have to do that for every player for every other player
so.. say you have 12 players.. you'd have to make 11 triggers for each player..

Level 4
yea.... but then i must make like alot of triggers .... i want only one for all of about 5 for all and the item should be able to be any where.

Level 14
i dont think it's possible to have 1 for all.. it wouldn't work because the "Player types "whatever" as an exact match has to be a specific player.
and that's the only way to do it

Level 4
Does any one know how i can make a score board that counts how many times a player has killed a norther player?? :)

Level 4
TurboJyri might be stupid questions but it is better to get feedback right now on the most upgrated stuff not on some old shit...

Level 4
does any one know how i can make a magic that does alot of things at once not only like gives speed aura it gives like something else like dmg and some other chainlightning skill....? (somehting not like a spellbook cuz i tryed that and i could not do it... :(...)

Level 28
Make the abilities you want for the unit, then make a dummy ability (perhaps based of thunderclap or else and use the following
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit begins casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) equal to *Dummy Ability*
  • Actions
    • Unit - Add Ability 1 to (casting unit)
    • Unit - Add Ability 2 to (casting unit)
    • Unit - Add Ability 3 to (casting unit)

Status
Not open for further replies.