• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

some help with a spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
im a noob in map making all can tell.
but heres the Q
I want my heros ulti to be demon within. like how can i make the spell. like in metamorph. but i want him to turn in to a doomguard and i also want the spell to deal 300 dmg to all enamies around him when hes transforms

i have 1 more Q

How can i make a spell that will be mass black arrows
like shoots Mass arrows(aoe)dmg and when kills units turns theminto footmen. But when hits hero they itt does sorta a silence on them for like 3 secs. or if it kills them it steals gold from them like 200 gold

Thank you for your help

Level 22
Q 1:

in object editor u can change the unit u want to change it to but ofcourse it hasnt a special animation for that, u must add some effects to make it look nice (caster, target etc)
u can let it do damage by using the function 'unit group - pick every unit within 300 range of casting unit and do multiple actions' then at actions u can do the picked unit damage, add effect etc)

Q 2:

u mean arrows that go like the rocket skill of tinker, or all the arrows must rly hit a unit?

Level 3
Here's a suggestion for your question.

This will have to be a trigger based spell, otherwise it won't work.

In the Abilities editor, create an ability based off of FoK. Change the missile art to black arrow(or whatever you want).
Also, you'll need to create another spell, based off of a spawn ability. For example, I'll use Spawn Spiders. Create a new spell based off of it and change the spawned unit(Data-Unit Type) to Footman.
Now, in your trigger, you'll need to do the following things.
Event:
Unit Casts an ability
Condition: ability equal to (Whatever you named your ability)
Action:
Set Life of (Target Unit of Ability being Cast) to Arithmetic- (Life of(Target Unit of Ability being Cast))- (Whatever damage you want)
Add (Spawn Footman) to (Target Unit of Ability being Cast)
Wait (5.00) seconds
Remove (Spawn Footman) from (Target Unit of Ability being Cast)

A second trigger will be required.

Events:
A unit spawns a summoned unit
Conditions:
(Unit-type of (Summoned unit) Equal to Footman
Actions:
Unit - Change ownership of (Summoned unit) to Player 1 (Red) and Change color

This should work. Hope it helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.