• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

need help with some variables...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I relly hate this forum's search sistem.....:thumbs_down:.......

Never mind..... I wanna know the variables to make a unit go to a point with higher speed than 522....Plz need help...I'm new at war3 modeling.....:cute:

Level 3
man...i know how to move it instantly....but wht i meant it was something as moving unit to a point continous and when the unit moves to the point the point moves forward.....

it's relly hard to explain

Level 5
That's why we use periodic events. Every .04 seconds or so, move the unit towards a point, checking to see if it's reached it or not.

Level 5
I don't think you understand what a variable is. A variable is a blank piece of data that stores information. They come in two varieties: global and local. If you set a variable to be 1, every time you use that variable, it will be one. Example:

• set i = 1
Every time you use "i", it will have the value of one.

What you're looking for is a trigger that fires every .04 seconds and moves the unit towards an angle between the unit and the point, through the Unit - Move function and the disabling of collision, or SetUnitX() and SetUnitY() if you use JASS.

Level 3
hmm....yeah....:hohum:.... i will search the site for a variables tutorial....

and btw i'm using GUI:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.