• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

making a custom text appear during a cinematic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
hello

I apologize in advace if this is the wrong forum, i really don't now where this would belong.

Is there any way, that during a cinematic i make this screen (see attachement below) appear for x seconds?

If so can anyone explain me how to do this? Or alternatively, tell me which forum i could get the most help concerning this?

- LH

Attachments

• ImageforCine.jpg
    ImageforCine.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 142
Level 6
Ezikielth, yeah sure i can do a small cine, i still need to hear your voice before, i'll Pm you.

But i don't understand what do you mean by is it a filter? I don't know how to get this in war3 yet, so atm it' nothing. Should I use war3 importer to import it in my map, and then use as custom text? Does that work? Or how exactly should i do this?

Level 6
Hmm, i have problem.

The image is a JPG, i use the warcraft III Viewer to convert it as a .blp
But then once imported should i use a custom path? the normal path makes the game crash. (i also tried some random custom paths, for the same result)

Welcome to the hive Jojoman.

Next time, try to post it in a new topic. ;)

Try to view some of the stickied threads for help. For the transmissions, (text + faces) you must do this:
Code:
Cinematic - Send Transmission ...

Just fill in the proper parameters. And to have a camera follow a unit, you must create a repeating timer and continuously lock the camera to the unit. Or you can just create another camera, and apply it so that it travels to the unit's distance and moves at the same speed of the unit.

Um... This might be a bit confusing. Read the stickied tutorials and look at the links.

Status
Not open for further replies.