• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making a custom race(anything custom)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi i am making four custom races for a meele map and i was wondering what races i should use in it. I am thinking troll/ice/chaos/highelf. I dont need help with chaos or highelf because there are so many models out there for both including buildings. If anyone could help with the trolls or ice that would be cool or throw out another race i could use. I am missing buildings for both troll and ice if anyone would like to help comment back plz thx

Level 22
is this warcraft lore based?
i think the size of this map would be quite high, since youre doing everything in custom.
please define chaos, Chaos as in wh40k chaos legions?
i fail to see why to use an ice race, i think goblins would suit better.

Level 3
Is it possible to make a map with custom everything and play online cause u mentioned the map size would be to big? Imeant chaos as in demon/hellish and I guess i will go with goblins its just i dont see alot of buildings out there for them. I was planning on doing something like Ttor but I cant make models and i dont know how to make a mod like that.

Level 8
Doing 4 races will be hard. you gotta make at least 4 heros for each race so that's about....... wait let me get my calculator, 16 heros with 64 costom spells (correct me if i'm wrong) unless you are excell at jass or something, I suggest 2 race just like what ghost said.

Level 22
Level 3
if you want ghost or anyone else i can share the map someway and we can play on battlenet i cant host thought and i want ideas for spells and buildings it would help

Level 4
Sorry i dont know what you mean by double posting?

what is double posting ? so i can prevent myself from doing so

pretty much exactly like that ^ posting consecutively while no one has replied/posted in between

and a mod is kinda hard to do, you'd have to actually edit the internal data of wc3(.mpq files), with editing stuff like unit stats and strings(name), and probably the hardest is working with custom/edited spells, and the worst thing is that its very time consuming, I'm kinda experienced in this field of editing and modding wc3 and its mpq, but even after 2 years I'm not even done yet, so unless you have the patience and the time, then good luck with you or unless your pushing through with just making a map then its definitely quite easier but the thing that limits the map is the mapsize which is very frustrating indeed..

Level 3
ya i am just going to make individuel maps cause like you said the mod would be 2 time consuming i am making custom spells/units/icons for two races on each of the maps i am creating. i WONT double post anymore cause i know what it means even tho it was spell explaintory. Anways if someone would like to test it out my name on bnet is Watawoaks2
i am pretty much only done 20-30%

Level 3
i will try to use the centaur theme in one of my maps i found some buildings for them and i probably could make it into a race. It just takes alot of time to come up with spells and abilities for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.