• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Naga Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello there~
EDIT: I got many models for my custom Race, so I'll remove a number of the requests - namely, the ones which have been fulfilled pleasantly.

I am currently creating a custom Naga race and I find a lack of a few things:
First off, I lack certain building-Models. One would be the "Poison Guardian" - A defensive structure which is an upgrade off the normal "Sea Guardian". Then, I need a Model for my "Restrainer" - Another upgrade of the "Sea Guardian", which can bind enemy units down to the ground.
Then, I would also appreciate models for one of my Heroes. The "Plaguebringer", which is a agile Murloc that fights through using poisons and "Plague-Spawns".
Edit: I need some kind of model for the ultimate ability of my Crystal Fang. The ultimate is supposed to transform the Crystal Fang into... something.... Something frosty. Like an Ice-Dragon - preferably a snake-like dragon - Or a sort of giant frost-snake or something. Be creative, just make it classy :3

Furthermore, I need a few unit-sound-sets. The buildings are not that important and most of my units are animal-like, so they do not need any special soundsets.
For some, however, I would really like some. Namely, for my two murloc-units, the already known "Mur'gul Reaver" and my caster unit, the "Mur'gul Oracle". Furthermore I'd like a Soundset for my new "Makrura Mutant" - which is practically a combination of a Makrura(Giant Lobsters) and of a Naga myrmidon.
Soundsets would also be appreciated for of my 3 Heroes: The already Mentioned "Plaguebringer", the "Crystal Fang" - a female Naga that uses the element of ice to freeze and slow enemies, overall a tanky support hero - and the "Revenant of the Apocalypse" - a male Naga-Caster Hero, which is very offensive and has a rather evil theme.

Lastly, any help in creating would be appreciated. I am not that handy with triggers(just starting to learn them) and I need people to test my race to balance it further. Also, creativity is always a good thing to have. If you wish to help me out or would possibly want to participate in this creation, leave a comment. I shall of course provide a map, I just want to fix some skills, add some new and whatever, before I give out a map.

If anyone is interested, please comment. If necessary, I can give you a map - just mind you that there'll be a number of unfinished skills and such.

Last edited:
Level 25
I made a naga building-texture for the Night Elf Shipyard some time ago. You could have it if you wanted.
150077-albums4247-picture64055.png

Level 7
I made a naga building-texture for the Night Elf Shipyard some time ago. You could have it if you wanted.
150077-albums4247-picture64055.png

Ah, that one looks indeed nice. I could very well use that model~ I would probably use it as my Garden of Azshara.
Can you provide me a download link?

Level 7
Checked the Model Database yet? There's tons of Naga units and buildings.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php?d=list&r=20&c=6
Ah, there was such a thing~ Sometimes, I feel like I am blind ^^"

Many of the models I found there could be useful in some way or another~ Gotta take some time to test the models out and decide what to do with them. Anyway, thanks for the advice^^

My request still stands until I am finished with everything though =P After all, I do not know if I really get everything as pleasurable as needed~ And it's not just models I need^^

Level 7
Here you go. The path is: buildings\NightElf\NightElfShipyard\NightElfShipyard.blp
Okay, thank you^..^ I'll see if and how I'll make use of it~ Just did a BIG download of models to use xD

Level 7
Updated my request, deleting the things I've already got, specified a few things and added a number of new :3

Level 25
Say, I could help you with those defensive structures when I get home from the holidays. I won't bother with more than a recolor with some added features, so if you were hoping for more than that, I can't help you.
Anyway, for the Poison Guardian I was thinking of making him green and adding some poisonous effects etc., though I don't know how you'd like the Restrainer to look.

Level 7
Say, I could help you with those defensive structures when I get home from the holidays. I won't bother with more than a recolor with some added features, so if you were hoping for more than that, I can't help you.
Anyway, for the Poison Guardian I was thinking of making him green and adding some poisonous effects etc., though I don't know how you'd like the Restrainer to look.
Well, to be exact, I am still note sure myself how these should look like.
A few things are certain, though:
1. Both Buildings are rather small buildings, like the guard tower for example.
2. The "base"-building is, for both, the Sea Guardian, so one could base the upgrades on that model.
3. The Poison Guardian could have, instead of the normal Sea Guardian thingy, a more Snake-Like looking thing.
4. The Restrainer is a bit hard~ Though, one could take another animal as example, one that restrains or webs enemies and would fit the Naga-Race/The Sea Guardian. I'll be thinking a bit more about it, but I think that would be a possible train of thought.

Thanks in advance for your help ^.^

Level 7
Bumpage. Why? Because I have an Big Bouncing Inflatable Green Ball(BBIGB)

Level 7
Creating the poison guardian is a though work to do anyways, do you really want to change the guardian into a snake? It would be though... I added some poison effects on it...

It's not though - it is "tough" xD But anyway~

It would be rather tough I guess, but most fitting, wouldn't it be? Just imagine a cobra coming out of such a poisoinous pool, spitting acid in your enemies' face~ It would just look sooo great.

Status
Not open for further replies.