• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make your own hero in Middle Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Please, I want this to be answered by true Middle Earth fans, NOT one of these "fake-fans" who only watched tha movies and knows nothing about Middle Earth. Anyway, back to topic. I am working on Fourth Age map and because the fourth age is unknown, I'm gonna need the names of people for heros I want the names to be organized like this.

Name
:Faction
:Rank (?)
:Race
:Model
:personality (so I know which voice to use for the hero)

for example.....

Artamir the Harsh
:Southern Fiefs
:Lord of Lossarnarch
:Man
:Uther
:proud,and cruel. so I'm using Lord Garithos's voice

or something like that. you won't be credited in the map, but u will be +rep. Hope u luck :wink:

Level 13
Sure. Why not.

Faridon
Faction: Gondor > Minas Tirith.
Race: Man
Model: Admiral Proudmoore
Personality: Arrogant. (So Garithos' voice may work as well.)

Also... why is it that no one gets credited? That's incredibly wierd... I don't think it would kill you to put a little quest at the top that shows who made what characters.

Level 4
okay so I have a bunch of names (gondorian/numenorean) from my own lotr mod of wc3 that you could use

Elendor the Brave
Faction: Dol Amroth
Race :Man (Dunedain/Numenorian)
Model :Garithos(?)
Personality :somewhat humble but shows pride (.. possibly knight)

Felendur Quickshot
Faction :Reunited Kingdoms/Gondor-Arnor (possibly, since this is the fourth age)
Rank (?):Ranger-Chieftain
Race:Man (Dunedain/Numenorian)
Model:Sylvanas? or an elven ranger model by MC!
Personality: good/kind/lighthearted (The priest would do..)

Mendacil the Despiser
Faction : The King's Men(?), Umbar(?)
Rank (?): Lord-Captain
Race:Man (Black Numenorian)
Model: A cross between Admiral Proudmoore and a bandit
Personality: Arrogant/Evil (Death Knight!)

i still have other names for numenorians but the three up there ^ is all I can think off for a hero, but anyway here's those names if you need any:
Casthor
Ondonore
Brandil
Andelothor
Anardacil
Aglathor
Farandil
Esthor
Delnacil
Aran
Malandil
Oropher
Estamir
Melenthor
Castadur
Isildacil
Belendur
Dolamir
Eldin
Farathor
Eldansil
Anardimir
Farelen
Thendur
Faraden

well thats pretty much all of it

Level 10
if you give a list of factions with less heroes, my mums a LoTR nut so I can get some names off her, but that'll have to wait till I see her ^^

EDITR: You might think I'd just nab credit for my mums suggestions but how awesome would it be to have Whitehawksan mum in the credits? Seriously.

Level 8
madcd, you are right. It would be alsome to have someone's mom in the credit. But anyway, If u want to check out the list of factions, just click on my signature which will directly move u to recruitment page for my map. Also, I won't use all the heros u guys suggested because controlling tons of heros is hard job. Maybe 3~6 heros total per faction.

The Last Istari: approved
wugiboy: approved
Rysis: approved

I dun need names for Reunited Kingdom anymore

Level 8
Bunch of Black numenoreans would have been mixed, or died of age after years and years (If u read my background story carefully, U will find that about four generations had past since sauron's fall) unless they have magical powers or something. Also, the people of Nurn are bunch of fallowers of sauron who had been forgiven by Elessar but betrayed his forgiveness.

Level 9
well i think there might be SOME important black numenorean left, anyway heres an orc since no1 mentioned them..

Udan the Black
:Nurn
:lieutenant
:Orc
:how about a custom model..? ill giv ya the link later on..
:single-minded, cruel, devoted to the cause of the men of Nurn
-use grunt or raider(voice)

Level 4
Here is another evil hero
Name: Durgush
Faction: Dunland
Race: Uruk-hai
Model: This one perhaps? you should perhaps resize the skin, since the size very large.
Personality: Dumb, aggressive and short-tempered, perhaps the centaur voice?

Background story:
Durgush is a desendant of the last handfull of the uruk-hai that escaped the fall of Saruman. Roaming the plains of Enedwaith ever since.
Trough his unparalelled brutality he managed to gain controll of a smal band of dunlendings, wich he uses to raid defenseless rohan villages.

Level 4
are easterlings the ones without mumakil? or is that rhun?
NOT one of these "fake-fans" who only watched tha movies and knows nothing about Middle Earth

that leaves you out ghost
j/k

easterlings and rhuns are one and the same
haradrim and southrons are one and the same

so you may wanna retype the question

and yes the haradrim/southrons are the ones who have mumaks

Level 22
ok, im gonna use a move refrence (plz dont kill me)
easterling3.jpg

so this is rhun right?

and the haradrim are the taliban guys right? i always thought that the haradrim were easterlings...ahhhhhh im running away.
sorry for hijacking if i did

Level 8
I wasn't trying to be offensive or anything. Geezuz, If i hurt your feelings in anyway, I'm very sorry. I just thought that orcs wouldn't go Mercenary in any way. You could always try again.

Level 2
Maybe a Hero similar to Tom Bombadil?

Name: Jack Rimbarot
Faction: Unknown
(forest man, nature lord)
(maybe valar, maybe villager)
Race: Unknown
(looks like human but can be a mayar)
Model: LeprekonHerbalist
Personality: happy little guy standing aside of the Battle; in the midst of the fight, makes his unique and significant influence, to change the balance of the forces. Voice - Villager Kid.

Level 9
artins thanks for rep, :)
the easterling camp is gr8! i can see major improvements in your terraining skills. well done!

btw for udan the black use thrall model since thrall has black armor and black wolf..

Last edited:
Level 4
Name: Theodwynn
Faction: Rohan
Race: Man (Rohirrim)
Model: The mounted brigand model that I'm giving to you? Perhaps, I'll make a glorified version of it or a melee version..
Personality: Brave, Battle Ready (voice of a Paladin perhaps?)

Name: Dolbeorn
Faction: Independent/Neutral (but on the good side) or possibly elves since the beornings we're fighting for the elves at one time
Race: Men (Beornings)
Model: Druid of the Claw
Personality: Nature lover (Malfurion voice suits him well..)

Background Story:
A decendant of the great shapeshifter, Beorn, he has been living in peace for much of the ages till orcish settlers who we're perhaps running away from the wrath of the men of the west have come to his area..

Level 8
WoW, much more people willing to help when I posted my idea in request section rather than recruitment section... Anyway, ANdROnIQ, i like your idea, but Tom Bombadil will be in my map, so can i use him as the mayor of the shire or something? Also, Rysis, sorry I missed u... :hohum: here u go. Wugiboy, and Darth Mannoroth, it would be alsome if u guys are willing to do some Modeling/Skinning for me. Sure, go for it, and thanks.

Level 4
Ok Artins, here comes the skin. If you dont like it i will give it another try.
I added the white hand on his back banner, cause i though even if Saruman was killed, they may have kept the symbol to remind themselves of the good old days, when they were the bad boys of middle earth.

No this is not just a pic of just another boy band, it is the feared Durgush and his band of Dunlendings!

Attachments

• Uruk-Hai-Skin.jpg
    Uruk-Hai-Skin.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 1,037
  • Hellscream.blp
    44.5 KB · Views: 65
Level 4
i'm not saying that he's an heir to the king nor part of the house of eorl

Wugiboy, and Darth Mannoroth, it would be alsome if u guys are willing to do some Modeling/Skinning for me. Sure, go for it, and thanks.
I've got pretty much everything any lotr requester would want but the thing is their part of a project of mine

and too much models would be a huge filesize

Level 4
first osgiliath (scrapped), minas tirith (MIA?), now what?
Lotr: Last Stand - BlizzCraft

a whole big project bent on changing wc3 into that of middle earth

all of which (the osgiliath and MT) are part of the project conversion and we were just doing that to give you guys a taste of this project but we just decided to finish the more important parts before we jump up to other smaller parts of the project (the map demos for this..)

been working on this for 2 years and I ain't quitting any time soon..

now lets not stray too far from the subject of the thread

Last edited:
Level 9
hi everyone!
artins, u wanted easterling so..
Name:Ulfang/Brodda/Lorgan { whichever u like :D }
Race:Human, Easterling(duh)
Personality: harsh, cruel, use hellscreams' voice and for model...

i wonder if someone could reskin this model to make the blue jewels red- go to Arthas - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site to download it

Status
Not open for further replies.