• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make up your hero!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
shadowhunter.gif

I would like to ask for help with making up idea's for a hero using the Shadow Hunter model.
I need some more cool heroes for the orcs/trolls/tauren and in this case I wanted to use this awesome model since I don't want any more imports in the map. Could people help me with idea's?

Good things:

• Hero as a hybrid. (able to dps and heal)
  • A secondary 'mana' system like rage in world of warcraft.
  • A good name for him! Not shadow hunter! Not Voodoo Mage! a good one!
Bad things:

• Using voodoo or things that look too much like the shadow hunter already has.
  • Ability idea's that don't suite. Like Holy damage spells in combination with nature healing spells...

Last edited:
Level 3
aww man, some days before i wrote a damn long text with lore and abilities to you... damn, well here goes what i rebember.

Troll survivor
(melee and ranged, agility hero)

These ones survived of so many things and escaped to tell the history of so many troubles that become fitt to live in any place. No matter if is on the wilderness, on the city undergrounds, or being hunted.

abilities:
* change attack- depending of the situation the attack mode can be swap betwenn melee and ranged, depending of what is better to the survival.

* Herbal cure - the survivors learned how heal themselves and some other using any sort of herbs, and always carry some off then with then.

* lightining reflexes - The life at dangerous places forced these trolls to develop a incridible quick reflexes. ( evasion)

* Survival will- Many hard sittuations had passed and this ones keep breathing. so isn't now that they will give up! combining the will of keep living and their natural troll regeneration will make this happen.( when with the life low, the troll can activate this ability that increases his mana and health regeneration to 10% of it's max per second. channeling with timed duration.

>> As i look you use a unique system to each hero, so to this one could be the "danger where it is running, both by loosing life and by the quantity or strength of the enemies that were benn faced.

---------------------------------------------------------

Troll gladiator
(melee, agility)

To get a "good" life in the cities some trolls try their look at fighting arenas, using their natural combat instinct and making use of agility and quickness in place of heavy armor and weapons, the trolls got a special look above themselves.

abilities:

* Battle hunger: as their ancestors the trolls love fight.as more enemies the troll kills, more stats he will got.

* Decisive blow: these one learned to "read" the enemy to konw when they are weak.when the target get his life around 10% the troll will got bonus damage against that target.

* iron will : even the more powerfull blows aren't enought to stop the trolls when they enjoy a combat. ( chance of a stunning counter attack)

>> unique system : heat of battle, as more time the trolls keeps fighting, more quickly he will gain "points"

a hope it fits you.

Level 19
Both nice!

You gave me idea's! Still don't know what to use, but I just came back from a vacation so I will start working on it again!

Level 6
Are you still getting ideas? If so,

Daemon Priest
Troll witch Doctors taught in warlock magic, the Daemon Priests are the only beings that tame the blightful demon magic but suffers their life from it. Even though they look frail and weak their strength still lies within and their knowledge of demonology they can bring fear to all.

Unique System

They have 2 special bars called Essence and Stolen Essence. Spell casting costs Essence and if yoo're out of Essence you will die, they don't regenerate. If you deal damage to the enemy your Stolen Essence bar will fill by 10 (max 100) and wgen it's full use the infuse ability to restore the Essence Bar.

Abilities

Infuse

Automatically learned ability that restores your Essence when the Stolen Essence Bar is full. Cooldown: 5 seconds

Skull Star

Summons a star from the sky dealing X damage to units in it's way creates an unholy fire that deals Y damage per second to the enemies and heal Y damage per second to allies.

Daemon Summoning

Summons a level X daemon that can Stomp and have decent fighting power.

Sacrifice

Instantly kills your summoned daemon dealing A damage to enemies near it and Healing B damage to allies near it. If cast on a normal enemy Daemon Priest steals A health from it.

Hope you'll like it.

Level 7
Savage Fighter

Savage Fighter - Melee

Agilty based Hero

I dont know exactly what you mean with secondary mana system, but for the other mana system (if not the same as secondary mana system - im talking about system like "sturdiness" for the summoner etc.)

The Savage fighter use "energy" or "adrenalin" (i'll just call it adrenalin). Maximum is 100
The more Adrenalin the "Savage Fighter" have the faster attack and movementspeed he will have. For each 5 point he will get 1% attack- and 1% movespeed. This allow him to get a total of 20% bonus.
Every time he cast a spell he will loose an amount of "Adrenalin" (if you like my idea you must decide it yourself, because i have no idea of balancing xD )

Spinning Blade - (picture) "Moon Glaives" or "Vorpal Blades" or "Shadow Strike"
Throw the Fighter's balde making it spin (like a boomerang) from right to left.
Dealing damage equal to distance and making the target(s) bleed for agility*X every second for Y seconds

Wild Mending - (picture) "Troll Regenerating"
The Fighter's body and mind is extremly well trained and it allow him to heal himself or an ally using natures energy.
Healing for (targets) strenght*X have a small chance to cure a disease/curse (whatever - except bleed effect)

Survival Instinct - (picture) "Unholy Frenzy"
living in the wilds has taught the fighter to sense danger and how to avoid death (well almost xD )
Instantly reset all cooldown and increase healign recived by 30%
THIS SPELL CAN ONLY BE CAST WHEN THE FIGHTER IS BENEATH X% HP.

Spike Traps - (picture) "Impale"
Place a trap at target location. When an enemy come within Xrange the trap will trigger spiking all enem(y/ies) within Xrange.

Voices of the elders (chance name :grin:) - (picture) "Bloodlust <Buff>"
The Savage Fighter Carries some totems on his back wich help him in combat (they are on his back jsut look at the model :b )
Place 2 totems on the ground. The first totem will provide a small energy regenerating for the Fighter. The second will lower
armor of nearby enemies.
(Totem Model - First totem) "Statis Trap"
(Totem Model - Second totem) "Sentry Ward"

Hope you can use some of thoose ideas. You're welcome to chance something if you don't like it. :thumbs_up:

Level 4
Let's go for... uh, Sacred Warrior! He's an AGI hero but he still needs a beating for his damage potential to be optimized. STR gain is higher than his AGI though. Because I'm cool.

Skill 1: Specialty
The SW is adept at both ranged and melee combat and using one or the other gives benefits.
Basically, he gets additional range if he's... ranged >.> and a bonus to attack and MS for melee. Also, Sanction turns ranged if he's ranged and gains bonus damage when melee.

Skill 2: Sanction
Deals a percent of health loss plus a percent of maximum health to an enemy. If an F.O.E. is killed, heals the SW for 50% of damage done.

Skill 3: Twirly Bird
A dangerous technique only taught to the best. The SW whirls his giant shuriken and its effects are based on what range he is in. Damages the SW too [Maybe not on a 1:1 ratio though].
For ranged, deals [base damage] + [AGI percent] from a scaling number of projectiles. For melee, reaves an opponent for 2 seconds, dealing [base damage] + [300% Fury bonus]. Rends the opponent's armor and slow for 50% for 5 seconds.

Skill 4: Sacrilege.
Gives a bonus, non-percentual regen to the SW when not being attacked.

Secondary Mana Skill: Fury
Gives bonus damage whenever the SW loses health. Meow.

Level 19
Thanks for the help. But we already created the hero for this model a while ago. When I first posted this thread it was 5 months ago and I forgot to lock this thread.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.