• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make siege weapon attack the ground as in Wc3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did exactly this in my map Kabel. Sign into Battle.net (I hope you're on same server as North Americans...) and go to channel Clan Blue, I'll host my map and invite you to see it. I have a lot of really neat stuff in there, it's basically my scripting sandbox map. There I have custom dialogues, physics, weapons, a voting system, wave spawn, and other things.

Level 10
Thank you, but I am on EU server.

But this can´t be too hard to make in the data editor?

Don´t know how to approach it really. I can make a Target - ability that has an AoE impact on the ground. But I want it to work via the units normal attack. So it can´t shoot a normal shot and in the next second play the ability on the ground as well. I need it to work with the actual weapon, that the weapon shoots at the area when the ability is activated, or something..

Thank you, but I am on EU server.

But this can´t be too hard to make in the data editor?

Don´t know how to approach it really. I can make a Target - ability that has an AoE impact on the ground. But I want it to work via the units normal attack. So it can´t shoot a normal shot and in the next second play the ability on the ground as well. I need it to work with the actual weapon, that the weapon shoots at the area when the ability is activated, or something..
Hammer would know how to do that with data manager. This is not very simple at all for me to do, I require a custom projectiles, physics, and damage system to do it myself.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
There does not seem to be a direct way to order a weapon to attack ground in StarCraft II.

There are 2 approaches to making such an ability.
1. Channel ability with perodic effect identical to attack. Problem is that the attack rate does not reflect the weapon attack rate (ignores modifiers).

2. You create an ability which redirects the weapon target. If weapons can target points you should be able to issure a target point order (making sure that the weapon effect targets a point). If not you will have to make a dummy unit that the weapon is ordered to attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.