• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make (passive) abilities visible to enemies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I am currently making a hero arena map.
To make the game more transparent for players, to help their strategies to be able to deal with a wide variety of possible opposing heroes, I would like to have passive abilities be visible to enemies on their command card.

I know that this is possible, because I have seen this in other maps. I just don't know how to enable it like this.

Level 28
You could give the enemy unit the "Select Hero" ability, it will let the player see what abilities the unit has, however, this may not be a good idea if the unit has any active abilities, because it will also let the player cast them unless you disable them or make them invisible for the player.

Level 9
I'm afraid that was not entirely what I was looking for. I was hoping it was possible to make it so that you can directly see passive abilities on a unit's command card when you simply select/left click a hero.

The workaround I'm using now is by using buffs to display this information, but it is not as nice and less clear than looking on the command card.

Level 13
Another less elegant solution could be when a player selects an enemy hero you redirect their selection to a dummy with the abilities/info you want to display to them.

You can prevent casting via order cancelling or just simply give them not enough mana etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.