• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Make it so ranged units don't hit over wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Let's say we have this scenario

Ally1 | Ally2,Enemy

The | is a wall

All 3 units are ranged with like 2958439583409 range or w/e.

I want to make it so Ally1 is not involved in the battle with Ally2 and Enemy given that they are all right next to the wall. I've been unable to do this ; (. Ally1 keeps shooting over the wall and hitting the enemy.

Any ideas?

I've tried Line of Sight Blockers and increasing the cliff height. What I don't want to do is make the wall super thick >.>.

Tx tx ^.^.

Level 7
You could probably just trigger it to order the unit to stop whenever it tried to attack a unit its not supposed to.

I don't know of a way to create objects that don't allow you to attack through them.

Level 7
maybe try to add the evasion ability and instantly remove it on the unit attacks event.
Don't know if it'll work.

But this one will definetly work

When you attack, and the wall is ifront, create a dummy targetable unit, order the unit to attack the dummy, and remove the dummy.

Cool?

Level 31
You'll need a custom projectile system. NFWar has one in the spell section(it is GUI).

I already have my own custom projectile system in my system lib that is vjass and highly optimal and I'd rather not use it because of the overhead ; ).

maybe try to add the evasion ability and instantly remove it on the unit attacks event.
Don't know if it'll work.

But this one will definetly work

Too much overhead >.>

I'm just ditching my idea of internal stuff = ). This map is 480x480 with crazy amounts of content, so I'm trying to keep the overhead as minimal as possible =).

Thanks guys for your suggestion, but as I said, if it's a scripting solution or a crazy terrain solution, I'd rather just ditch my thoughts on internals altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.