• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Make every spell damage based on attribut (str,agi,int)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Sorry for my english

I want to make every spell in my map that will deal damage based on hero attribut

Actually i can do it on "stomp" based spell

but when it comes to chain lightning, impale, flame strike, i can't do it
i want to make bonus and actually damage trigger at the same time too.

how and thank you

Easiest solution would be to have 1 level for each point in the hero attribute.

Then the only thing you'd have to trigger would be to set the ability level to the hero attribute when casting the spell.

If you want the spells to be levelable as in hero abilities but still want a formula based on attributes, you basicly have to trigger all damage manually and set the ability damage to 0.

Level 24
@Zwiebelchen
Hero abilities?
Dont discourage triggering initiative.

@Dinan
There are few different types of things you have to know when you are making a spell...
Or at least, determine when it dealt damage.

Flame strike is almost the same as War Stomp, except that it has a 1 second delay.

Chain Lightning, Impale, Storm Bolt, etc are all missile abilities.
You should use a missile system and create the missile yourself.
Then you can track when it collides with an enemy and deal the damage.

You could also use a DDS and use dummy units to store the abilityId.
But I recommend the missile system and make everything manually.

Level 12
You basically will have to trigger all the spells you want to use. Some spells might not be worth making completely in their original form, so just add them as you need them. Don't go through making every spell and then use them, that would be painful amounts of work lol.

Level 15
For this system to work you must create unit abilities with many level, hero ability could be stats. By triggering every second update the spell level based on states you can level it up based on stats. Example, set ability level to strength of hero /10. This will set to level of spell every second to 10% of strength which means at 10 strength it is level 1 or you can set a condition to only do it when the hero has say more than 19 strength so that the game doesn't bug out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.