• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make a spell with charges?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I want to make a spell like Sentry, that each unit can cast only once.
However, I also want it to be able to TARGET magic immune enemies.

I based my spell on Sentry and gave it as targets allowed:
Ground, Invulrnable, Vulrnable, Non-Hero, Organic, Player Units.

The idea is - I want to be able to cast it on a specific unit, and that unit is magic immune.

I could base the spell on channel, and make it able to target anything, but then it wouldn't have the charges showing >.<

How do I deal with this?

Level 3
What about basing the spell on channel and making it phisycal spell in options, then triggering the effects?

Level 7
Make a custom icon that shows the charge even though the ability itself doesn't have charges, then when the ability is used up remove/replace it? If your ability has a lot of charges, then you'll need a lot of custom icons though.

Level 13
Hmm, I actually tried to base the spell on channel, with "Phisical Spell" and "Universal Spell" checked, but it still doesn't let me cast it on a unit with "Resilliant Skin"....
when that unit is an ally....

EDIT: However - I seem to be able to heal the unit with rejuvination, so I guess I'll use this as base xP

Level 15
Alright so a little insight to how some abilities have been seen to pierce magic immune dealing stun but not damage is because those require more than level 2 (or was it 1), reason being that it requires a higher level therefore it "pierces" avatar if I did not record the intentions of blizzard entertainment as mistakenly, it might not be the case but most likely the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.