• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] make a perfect Dummy Hero ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Limuka : When you aren't sure at 99%, say that you think it's impossible and not that's impossible.

They did a spell like this in dota (called Geminate Attack) which make a double attack. So i knew that was possible, but just i didn't knew how

@Maker : Ty, +rep to you. i nerver saw these lines (with Stats-Hero-Hide death messages and Stats-Hero-Hide hero icon on minimap) because i never needed it before.

@defskull : your post wasn't very usefull ^^ I've ever used the second technic quoted by Maker, but just i needed the end.

So, now i just need an answer without hard triggering of the 2).

Explain more about "the dummy still steal xp" ?

You have disabled its xp gain, and the xp of the unit still rises up (purple xp bar) ?

Or it divides half the original xp for both original hero and copied hero ?

I don't know if the dummy gain the xp, because it's locusted and stay on the map 1second max.

I just see my Hero gain 10xp instead of 20xp in the test map when a monster die when dummy is alive. (so it reduces the gained xp from the nearby other heroes.)

Level 33
Even if your unit is Locusted, it steal will be able to gain exp

But since you have disabled it, it won't gain any exp but beware that even it is disable, it still will affect the exp distribution among other hero unit (because it is counted as Hero unit)

The only way to do this is to double the monster's normal exp gain (but that would disturb the balancing of the game)

Hmmm, why not you use a simple dummy, changed the dummy (normal unit) model into Hero model ?

Wait, you're talking about Geminate Attack-like ability ?

I'll do it for you momentarily (doesn't require any dummy at all, it is based on ability, wait here, I'll create for you)

Level 33
I will still provide you the Geminate Attack test map (perhaps it can give some ideas to start ?)

You can manipulate it I think

Or so, I'll try to do another solution for it

Attachments

• Geminate Attack.w3x
    12.8 KB · Views: 84
Level 7
you could have the unit be made for neutral hostile,
and then use a damage detection system to have the
creator of said copy deal the damage, ie you heal the
unit and then have the original hero damage the unit with
the amount that it was damaged.

Level 33
If you're using dummy, you must get the actual damage of the Hero before dealing the damage through trigger/normal attack/orb effect

But to know that, I think you're gonna need an external system (Damage Detection System) to detect the Hero's damage first, and then give it to the dummy

A different way will happen if you use Illusion-base technique, since it copies the Hero directly so it knows the actual damage and such but it seems the illusion is limited to orb effects and such

Status
Not open for further replies.