• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Major Warcraft III Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I DON'T know where else to post.

I am having MAJOR WARCRAFT III problems from software I installed that came from this website.

I don't know what software.

It is messing with my map index registry. When I go to open a map, it tries to open it in this outsider program instead. But the program is CORRUPT. So it just changes the FILE NAME of the MAP I am trying to OPEN. I CANNOT UNINSTALL this Software. I CANNOT FIND THE NAME of this SOFTWARE. FOR EXAMPLE: I try to OPEN a .w3m file. The Software tries to Open it and FAILS. This is with every map I HOST! The Software then makes a new copy of AND changes the .w3m file to SOMETHING ELSE. THIS has LIKELY BEEN Happening for months! I ONLY JUST caught it today!

PLEASE HELP!!! IT HAS EATEN MY HARD DRIVE SPACE!

Level 32
Greetings SilverSong. Hmmm. To the best of my knowledge all of the software available at The hive Workshop is reliable and stable. I've installed great many programs with no complication on my Windows machine(s). Other operating systems may not accept all software.

If you're not sure what you installed or when, we are just as clueless as you as to the exact cause or resolution. I use system tools like Norton System Works (among others) and often make make backups of my registry to combat installation failures.

Since it's been so long that you have been experiencing difficulties, I would suspect that your registry has been damaged (possibly from software obtained elsewhere). It may be time to back up your important files and documents and do a fresh install of your operating system.

My home page (click the image in my signature file) includes a help section where links to troubleshooting sites may be found.

~ Thread moved to Gamer's Hub > Warcraft Discussion.
Discuss topics related to Blizzard's Warcraft franchise, including Warcraft I, II and III. Ask questions about anything not covered in other forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.