1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Fresh Install Problems

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Ixxl, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Ixxl

Ixxl

Resources:
    Resources:
    After a few months break I decided to update and tinker with my old maps. Every single patch though, I have problems and it has sometimes resulted in data loss. So I was always backup my maps and move them off PC completely. Here goes...

I UNINSTALL / DELETE ALL WC3 files and folders on my PC.

I reinstall directly from my blizzard account. (note: everything in this post I tested installing from CD also)

Game installs / patches etc... PATH: C:\Program Files\Warcraft III - I believe this is correct and it should not be in the Program Files(x86) with this current patch ???

Would you like to launch? Sure. Game loads, reads patch 1.31.xxx - OK great, good so far.

I want to create a short cut to the editor. I go to C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\x86_64\World Editor - I "copy and paste" it to the desktop and I get error "...code execution can not proceed because ClientSdk.dll was not found..." Hmm, OK let do this: I right click on it and click "create short cut" from the same .exe and then copy it to desktop. OK Good, it works.

Click on the icon and WE opens. So far so good.

Problem 1: Create a test map. Ashenvale, 480x480 (requires Frozen Throne), add some units, save to desktop. TESTMAP01. Map saves but not with the FT Icon but the ROC Icon. Hmm, OK. Right click, properties, File Type: W3X File (.w3x) - The saved map is reading as w3x so I am guessing its a registry problem ??? What is the correct path / extension ???

Problem 2: When I click to open the map, the WE opens but it opens to a blank project, not TESTMAP01. Hmm, OK. Right click, properties, Opens With: Warcraft III World Editor. Looks correct, right ??? I tested with the x86 and x86_64 version but no change.

Are these bugs, or is it an error in the registry / paths / file extensions? Maybe the SDK error?

2. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What OS are you using?

On the 64-bit version of Windows 10 v1809 and as of this writing, the game got installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III folder for me.

There is no point in installing from the retail CD and then upgrading to the latest version.
    The official Blizzard online installer is all you need.

If you had previously enabled any compatibility mode options, it might interfere with the installation process/the game. So please first and foremost, remove any compatibility options you might have enabled in the past.

The game is not installed properly?
    Or rather, why would you want to move an executable to the desktop in the first place?

Please remove any compatibility mode options you might have enabled for the game.
    Then uninstall any copy of it from your PC again.
    Then reinstall the game by using the official Blizzard online installer (any of them will install both RoC and TFT regardless).
    After this is done, please repair your installation of the game (should not be needed, this is 'just in case').

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019