• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Maiev Shadowsong

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not familiar with the lore of World of Warcraft, because I actually never played with it. I have read some stuff in the lore section of wowwiki.com, but not much.

I have visited Maiev's lore page (http://www.wowwiki.com/Maiev), but I would need some reclaim. So, since I am familiar with Warcraft III's lore, I want to know. We've seen Maiev going after Illidan with the phrase "Fools! Have you no sense of justice?".

Now, how is her concept implemented in the World of Warcraft? I read that she allied with Akama, but when and why? Where did she go, after entering that rift on her way to hunt Illidan? Where did she end up? What's her story after the Warcraft III events anyway?

Level 31
when you fight illidan, akama frees her (hes been planning this all along) and he and maiev help you defeat Illidan. then illidan is like what is the hunter without the hunted and maiev says something about he was right, and she leaves and nobody knows were she is now.

akama was her jailor and they were both planning for a while.

in the TFT blood elf campaign Maiev has built a base in Outlands and attacks the Blood Elves and Naga and she has captured Illidan. Though, they defeat Maiev and after Illidan claims the Black Citadel (later renamed Black Temple) she was most likely imprisoned shortly after.

Sometime after Maiev left to pursue Illidan even further, she got imprisoned. They left that as kind of a large gap (I think).

Akama secretly plans against Illidan. Akama leads the Ashtongue Deathsworn:
The Ashtongue tribe are a tribe of Broken draenei carefully handpicked by Akama himself, they are the most evil Broken and are used by Akama just to hide his true intentions and maintain his facade with Illidan. The Ashtongue Deathsworn are a subdivision of the tribe and their members know Akama's true intention.

The way the heroes of Azeroth (WoW Characters) gain allegiance with the Ashtongue Deathsworn (pretty awesome name), is mostly through this quest-chain:
Quest:Tablets of Baa'ri.
However, the parts with Akama don't really appear until:
Quest:Akama

After Illidan failed to stop Arthas from reaching the Frozen Throne, he fled back to his throne in Black Temple (previously Black Citadel, where Illidan, Kael, Akama, and Lady Vashj team together to defeat Magtheridon, yep they just "defeated" him. Illidan dragged his body and left him in Hellfire Citadel with fel orcs to be imprisoned, in case Illidan needed to use Magtheridon for later).

During the Illidan encounter in Black Temple:
During a quest, it is revealed that Akama has conspired to end Illidan's tyranny by allying with Maiev and later freeing her. In the Black Temple raid encounter, Illidan is the final boss and is fought by both Akama and Maiev along with the players. During the battle, Maiev taunts Illidan several times in reference to the pain that he has caused her, from forcing her to guard his prison for 10,000 years by committing his crimes to causing the death of Naisha. In the end, when Illidan is near death, Maiev remarks that he is beaten, but as he dies Illidan says that the huntress is nothing without the hunted. With the drive for vengeance gone, Maiev states that she is indeed nothing. Akama then took the Black Temple and sworn to fill the halls with light once again.[11]

Basically, Maiev doesn't have that much of a story after Wc3, she was just imprisoned. However, I believe Maiev sides with Akama (especially since Akama is watching her cell, lol) just after realizing he was truly against Illidan. I don't know where they officially "decide" to ally though.

They kind of left these questions though, because they didn't want to make it seem too expected when Black Temple was released in patch 2.1.0.
Patch 2.1.0 - Black Temple
Trailer Video - Youtube

Thank you, guys. I know know a lot more. It's sad Maiev has had this ending (?), being dipped into the very vengeance of imprisoning Illidan. Illidan said an epic phrase though:
"the huntress is nothing without the hunted."
I guess they should finally end up the story with Maiev, because her main lore was implemented in the Wc3 environment. It was time for other heroes to participate in the lore of WoW.

Level 18
Btw, Maiev's zeal was amplified by Gul'dan's Shadow Orb she found in the Tomb of Sargeras.

Wowwiki said:
One of its little known properties is that it will drive the bearer to pursue a goal to the point of madness. In the case of Gul'dan, he was driven to madness to obtain the Eye of Sargeras. In Maiev's case, she was driven to recapture Illidan at any cost.

Basically after Illidan's death she goes emo and vanishes from history.

Level 3
maiev is at the first coming of the burning legend a roll too. She was a guard of summara which was overuned by the legion

Status
Not open for further replies.