• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Magos Model Editor - Create Model from "the start/nothing"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey all, Amargaard's here (Again-again-again) :D

Last time I posted a thread called "My tools doesn't work - something about dll-files" my problem got solved and I ended up here... Now my Magos Model Editor works, but I don't know how to use it yet.

Well, I watched many of the modelling-tutorials here on HIVE, but saw no-one in which they didnt wrote something like: "Start by open up your model..." for Magos Model Editor. I need help to create a new model, not opening up some that I have already created (Because I haven't created anything yet)...

Hmmm.... The question is: How do I create a complete new model from the start, when it's nothing, when it's only some ideas in my mind? Do I need another program for that or...?

Please, someone help me by reply to this thread or eventually make a new tutorial. If you decide to make a tutorial (!), then please tell me so I can read it... Sorry, By the Way, if there's many Typos / Tipoes in the text. I'm danish so...

- Amargaard / ANM / Jalokin95

Magos can't really create models, the only way to do it is... difficult to say the least, and I'm not even sure it works.

Magos serves mostly two purposes:
-Easy particle emitter editing
-Creating SFX models (IE: planes, simple shapes and particles alone)
-Limited Geomerging
-Final touches on models like splats/sounds and the like

If you want to create a whole new model, you'll need a modelling program and an exporting script or Blizzard's art tools. There are plenty mentioned here, personally I use GMAX but if you can get your hands on 3DSMax 4 or 5, it works much better.

Level 19
WILL THE ALMIGHTY) I will try getting some of these: GMAX or 3DSMax... Is 3DSMax hard to get?? I just wanna go the easy way, think I'll take that GMAX-thing :-/ EDIT: Aaaarrh! None of these are here on HIVE... Then I'll just edit Warcraft models, gonna read some tutorial about that then... :-/

takakenji) A tutorial? There's none called "Which tools to use when creating a model from nothing/the start?"! You are welcome to make one and if you do before I learn this, I'll gladly read it and give +rep :D

Last edited:
Level 19
Exporting script?!? Modelling section?!?

Anyways, yeah I gonna google it some time, right now I'm focused at my story in the Roleplay-forum, so doesn't have time right now, but thanks for helping :)

Level 31
Status
Not open for further replies.