• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Magical Mechanical Worker Model + Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm making a magical race that uses a mechanical worker, and I'm looking for someone to make a model and icon for that worker. The race's buildings use Ujimasa Hojo's Draenei building models (http://www.wc3c.net/showpost.php?p=1134991&postcount=41), so the worker should look at home with these.

The concept is that the buildings have magical "power cores" that make them work, and the worker is a sort of robotic unit that carries one of these cores, so the worker is consumed in creating a building, like a Wisp or Drone.

I'm not sure what you'd need to get started on this, but if anyone would be willing to do it I'll provide a concept sketch or whatever.

Level 27
Well, that is the kind of thing in Hayate, Edge 45 or Ardenian backyard, but the cheapest worker could be a WC3 ish version of the Protoss purifier, a sphere surrounded with two metal rings, and something else to add a face to the unit.

Level 4
The Protoss Purifier is quite close to what I was thinking. A WC version of it is a good starting point. Does anyone have one or would be willing to make one?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

What Purifier do you refer to ? The mothership ?

You mentioned creating a concept, are you able to create the texture of the model as well ?

Level 4
I meant the same as I said in my first post: a skin that makes it look like it goes with the Draenei buildings. But it doesn't look horribly out of place even as-is.

Status
Not open for further replies.