• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Magic help needed!!!....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
How to make a passive ability that gives you 15 all stats and lets you see farder appart in night and day and it gives 5% chance crit. strike and 25% envasion.?

Level 4
You create a spellbook and add all those auras in it. Then you disable it with a trigger and add a dummy aura.

passive ability not a aura >.<

and i did not understand any hting of what you just say :wsad:

Level 21
what's the big difference between a passive ability or an aura?

First, create a critical strike ability / evasion ability / stats bonus with the appropriate stats.
There's an ability called spellbook. Default it's an item ability. Change it into unit, then remove all abilities inside the spellbook and add the critical strike / evasion / stats bonus abilities to the ability list. Next, give the custom spellbook ability to your unit.

Almost done, now go to the trigger editor and at map initialization, add the action "Player - disable Custom Spellbook ability for every player".

Finally, create a dummy ability based on e.g. Critical strike and change % chance to critical hit to 0%. Then change the description / name / ... of this ability and add it to your unit.

Level 4
aha... still that does not help me with my kind of map but tx any way >.<

Level 5
How the hell does that not help you? He basically handed you, word for word, how to do it! You're obviously not explaining some specific minor detail as to why this isn't working.

WE AREN'T PSYCHIC, YOU HAVE TO TELL US THINGS!

Level 4
o.o" hehe sry but.... nvm for get it

can some one tell me how to make if a hero has transformed like demon hunter he has a 25str boost and 15 agility boost and when he goes back to normal he gets normal stats? oh and some movement speed bonus too...

LOL NVM find a way to do it with out any triggers back to the passive ability... [EDIT]

Level 6
well, doesn't the normal demon hunter ability work like that? u get the normal stats back, i think. and the movement speed.. just add a trigger that gives an ability in a spellbook and disables it. (i can't show with triggers, cus my cd-reader doesn't work. :/ )

Level 4
can you tell me if it is posible to make a ability that granrs you sight of half of 2000 range around you but blocks like 20 degreace of angle bihand you.

Level 4
guys if i make a fruit in the game with 1 charge how to make if you eat it you get a ability????

Level 6
First, don't double post.
Second, i dunno the first question.
Third... use
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Uses an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Your Ability to (Triggering unit)

Level 4
First, don't double post.
Second, i dunno the first question.
Third... use
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Uses an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Your Ability to (Triggering unit)
:wconfused:no conditions?

first question i ment like this...

map.jpg

green - what you can see
red - unit
black - the map that you can not see

Last edited:
Level 29
In the past 2 weeks this question was asked about 4 times I think lol.

Normaly - you can't.

The only way to make it is to remove your unit's line of sight and then add invisible (model-less) dummys at the places you want.

For example you make dummys with line of sight at a range of 400, and then create one infront of him, one +40 degrees of him, one -40 degrees of him, and thats it.

And about the "no condition".
I guess humpadumpa meant that you will put your own condition(s) there...
Just add a If/Then/Else that will consist of item type and the ability.
If you are using a lot of abilities and don't want to make a huge trigger, I suggest you to make a trigger that will set your "ability items" into a variable with arrays and same thing with your abilities, and then just do a loop with them.

Level 4
Ghost wolf i did make that fruit thing but when i try to use it nothing happens.... at all >.< i put a condision but i think that is what messed me up -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.