• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need a bit of help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I really need a bit of help with making an ability and how to make an ability like shadow strike be an area of effect to affect all enemies, how do you make an ability of combat mastery (crit and evade) and make there be a chance to attack again in a row really fast after the first normal attack, and finally how do you (for example) do roar but it actually gives a unit spell immunity for a short duration?

Im making the ability omnislash but i dont really know how to do it, so i copied it from the map submitted called omnislash but its not working and i need help with it.
ssa.JPG

Level 3
I think your problem might be that every time you refer to (Triggering unit), it is wrong. You will notice that the Event is "A unit starts the effect of an ability". You need to change all references of (Triggering unit) to (Casting unit). I might make some of the abilities that you need if I get time, but to make a mass shadowstrike, I would suggest something like this:

Events:
A unit starts the effect of an ability
Conditions:
(Ability being cast) equal to (YOUR ABILITY NAME)
Actions:
Pick every unit in (Units in (how far away this can affect) of position of (Casting unit) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Create 1 Warden for (owner of (Casting Unit) at (position of (Picked Unit))
facing (default building facing degrees)
Order (last created unit) to Night Elf Warden - Shadow Strike (Picked Unit)
Add (last created unit) to wardens
(OUTSIDE OF THE LOOP)
Wait .75 seconds
Pick every unit in wardens and do (Unit - remove (Picked unit) from game)

I think that would work but there might be some problems with it. I will post later with more info. and your other questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.