• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New with AoS maps - need some spell help (3 spells)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
HI! I have just registered my account on the hive and it is great! all the new models, icons etc.

A week ago i started a new map and had some ideas of some interesting spells, but i dont know how to make them :( plz help me!

here are my ideas:

1. The Shadowstep

should work like this: Based on the skil windwalk, the caster is teleported infront of the targeted unit and ordered to attack it (now he comes out of the stealth and deals the additional damage)

but maybe u see the problem? U have no targeted unit with windwalk! I thought fuck and if someone could help me here

2. The Multislash (u know omnislash from dota-hero yurnero?

Omnislash of yurnero is my favourite spell! I would be very lucky to make just kinda skill.... but how? can u give me a tip how to do this? just should be close to omnislash and not the same!

3. The "Axe" - spell

Hmm, its kinda easy i think
The hero throws his axe and because of a magical bond between him and his axe the hit unit is pulled to the hero. I made a trigger like this:

Event: A unit begins to cast an ability
Condition: Ability being cast = Axe
Actions: move target unit of ability being cast instantly to position of casting unit

it works but is kinda bad. it looks bad if the targeted unit is teleported to the hero... maybe u could tell me how to make the same effect based on a knockback into the direction of the caster?

thanx for any help!

Level 24
1. The Shadowstep

should work like this: Based on the skil windwalk, the caster is teleported infront of the targeted unit and ordered to attack it (now he comes out of the stealth and deals the additional damage)

Easy. Base the ability off of storm bolt. When the unit casts storm bolt add a permanent invisibilty. TMove instanlty to target of ability being cast.

2. The Multislash (u know omnislash from dota-hero yurnero?

Omnislash of yurnero is my favourite spell! I would be very lucky to make just kinda skill.... but how? can u give me a tip how to do this? just should be close to omnislash and not the same!

Look at the Hive's spell section. This is the most common spell there.

3. The "Axe" - spell

Hmm, its kinda easy i think
The hero throws his axe and because of a magical bond between him and his axe the hit unit is pulled to the hero. I made a trigger like this:

Event: A unit begins to cast an ability
Condition: Ability being cast = Axe
Actions: move target unit of ability being cast instantly to position of casting unit

it works but is kinda bad. it looks bad if the targeted unit is teleported to the hero... maybe u could tell me how to make the same effect based on a knockback into the direction of the caster?

TUTORIALS!

I just fast readed this for therad... here is my "omni slash":http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/spells/1429/
for 3. you need two triggers.. sec must find it on my PC :S

ok find it...
  • Blade Rush
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blade Rush
    • Actions
      • Set UnitVarCaster2 = (Triggering unit)
      • Set TempLoc3 = (Position of UnitVarCaster2)
      • Set TempLoc8 = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Add Attach2 to UnitVarCaster2
      • Unit - Make UnitVarCaster2 Invulnerable
      • Unit - Pause UnitVarCaster2
      • Animation - Play UnitVarCaster2's slam animation
      • Animation - Change UnitVarCaster2's animation speed to 65.00% of its original speed
      • Trigger - Turn on Blade Eush Slide <gen>
      • Wait 1.35 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn off Blade Eush Slide <gen>
      • Unit - Unpause UnitVarCaster2
      • Unit - Make UnitVarCaster2 Vulnerable
      • Unit - Remove Attach2 from UnitVarCaster2
      • Animation - Reset UnitVarCaster2's animation
      • Animation - Change UnitVarCaster2's animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of UnitVarCaster2 using Objects\Spawnmodels\Undead\ImpaleTargetDust\ImpaleTargetDust.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Set TempLoc9 = (Position of UnitVarCaster2)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Triggering player) at TempLoc9 facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Blade Rush(dummyFinish) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Blade Rush(dummyFinish) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Blade Rush for (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Warden - Fan Of Knives
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc3)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc5)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc8)
      • Custom script: set udg_UnitVarCaster2 = null
  • Blade Eush Slide
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move UnitVarCaster2 instantly to ((Position of UnitVarCaster2) offset by (0.00 + 5.00) towards (Angle from (Position of UnitVarCaster2) to TempLoc8) degrees)
but this trigger for my spell, it slides caster to the targeted unit(its based on carrion swarm)
just replace triggering unit with targeted unit of ability being cast, and for slide use negative value like (-5)

And yea i lmost forgot :S :
Welcome to THW, Palaslayer :)

Level 24
Please do not double post.

Use the "Edit" button.

About making a unit invisible.

Add ability - Permanant Invisibility - Wait until x - Remove Permanent Invisibility.

For examplse you could add a buff that lasts x seconds and include a wait for condition statment.

Status
Not open for further replies.