• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Magic from items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Why passive magic from items ( orbs, bonus damage,armor,aggility,strenght ....) when make a hero magic don`t have a icon !?!? :vw_wtf:

Level 24
There is a checkbox that said "Item Ability" next to "Hero Ability". Uncheck it.
Even then, there are still a lot of abilities that are not shown. The problem is that those are hardcoded and you need a dummy ability to show any tooltips.

Level 24
Thats odd... i could swear that i had some item based abilities with an icon.
I cant remember what abilities they were but all i can think about is unchecking the "item ability" checkbox.

In any case, you can create a dummy ability (an ability that has no effect) to show the tooltips and icons.
You can create a dummy ability based of attribute bonus and set all data to 0.
You have to make sure that every unit that has one of the two also has the other.

If you want to have it a hero ability, you need 2 triggers that learn and increase the real ability whenever the dummy is leveled up.

Status
Not open for further replies.