• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New question about Magic Reduction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Naturally Hero armor reduces magic damage dealt by 25% ok but question is
i will purchase the item that have 33% magic reduction

what's the formula ?
my formula is 75 - 25 = 50 right ?
(75 is magic damage taken amount of the Hero armor
25 is 33% of the 75)

or formula is different ?

It depends on the way you want it. :) If you want it sequential, as in, it will first reduce by 25%, then 33%, and then so on for the rest of the reductions, then yes, your formula is correct. (In my opinion, that seems the most logical way to do it)

Otherwise, you can have it additive (25% + 33% = 58%), where the reductions are all added and then that is subtracted from the initial damage.

I'm not sure how wc3 does it though, if that is what you are asking. :(

EDIT: Wc3 (I tested using Runed Bracers) seems to use the formula you are using, so yes, it should be correct. ;D

Level 33
What ???
Your formula is correct ???
It's based in % LOL... not direct integer reduction !!!

Btw, that's because Runed Bracers are based on the same ability (same OrderID) which collides with each other
You're gonna need to find another ability to base it off like Hardened Skin or related to it

Status
Not open for further replies.