• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mages - A New Campaign [Request Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
[IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/149931-albums505-picture14275.gif[/IMG]
A New Campaign
Requests Thread

Current Requests

Terrain:
As you can see from the below screenshot, I currently 'SUCK' at terraining compared to some of the prodigies among the Hive community. My project, Mages [See my Signature for more information], Is going to be a very aesthetic campaign thus I need so above average terrain. By this basically I mean that I do not reach my standards for how good the terrain needs to be thus I need someone, or a group of individuals to provide me with some terrain that is playable, beautiful and new. If you wish to take part in the creation of this epic campaign leave a message here aswell as a sample of your work (if at all possible).

Otherwise If you feel like a break from your own project but can't spare too much time, please read on as what I need for my terrain is as follows:

Specifications
There are currently going to be 8 Realms [If you do not understand this term in the concept of Mages please refer to my Thread(By use of my Signature)]. These 8 realms are 'All' however located in the same temperate environment, basically the seasons are not relevant but picture an autumn environment, using both barrens and fall tilesets (See my example below). What I request is that you would build one of these realms for me, As more are completed I will attach more details of the next that needs to be built [See bottom of the Thread]. Credits for building these realms will be regarded in my project as the heightist honor above that of modeling and scripting as of course Terraining requires in my opinion much more talent.
My Terraining Example
Request Terrain.jpg
Realms Under Construction
The First Realm - Stallenguard
'Stallenguard', is a land of forestry and in the heart of it is the town of 'Carleté', a small and simple village surrounded in wooden fencing with a calm and natural atmosphere. In the town are relatively small houses yet most, if not all are covered in shrubbery or hidden beneath the branches and leaves of to autumn tree's. Outside of the town is a delicate forest, filled with gnolls. In a certain region of the forest, {A Mountainous Cave}, Ogres can be found. There is also a great river that runs through the center of town which opens up to a lake up in the mountains inhabited by hostile trollish creatures. Also along the river is the home of an old hermit whom lives in a wooden cottage alongside an orchard of apple tree's.

Therefore, basically, the map should be a giant forest which has a river running from one point in the map to the other (the only specs for the river are that it must end in the mountains as a lake, it must at some point run through the town and it must also have a wooden cottage beside it at some point). In the relative center of the map should be a small town of which has a fairly small population, thus a small number of houses and buildings. The town 'Must' have: A Well, House, A Wooden Fence Marking The Perimeter, A Town Hall/Centre, Tree's + Shrubbery and Some Basic Market Stools.

Outside the town, there must be a Mountainous area which is inhabited by ogre's (get creative), this area 'Could' include a Cave or underground area. There must also be camps of gnolls in the forest at various points, (again, get creative with this).

Other that what I have already mentioned, I would ask that you follow the following specs, The tileset must imply autumn, there must be a foresty feel to the realm, although creeps do not have to be placed, there should be camp positions implied by use of doodads + Space, The terrain must be playable.

Finally, I ask that you 'Go Nuts' with imports to make it look as good as possible. As this is a campaign there is no 4/8 mb limit on space :) Also please 'Enjoy' this as I believe if you're heart is not in your work, then your work will suck, regardless of talent.

Incomplete
Artwork:
I am not a particularly talented artist, and i am certainly not in the same league as many of the amazing people here on the Hive. Therefore I have decided that It would benefit my Project if I did not participate in the creation of Mages Artwork. What I actually need done, Artworkwise for my project is a few, 'Minor Jobs' That must be pretty much perfect. As well as perhaps a few 'Major Jobs' such as perhaps a Campaign screen mdx. Anyway, below are the current requests I have for the required Artwork for my project:
Specifications
  • Preview Image: Firstly, I need an Image for the Campaign (not the actual Campaign Screen, but the preview picture). This picture does not 'need', however 'can' include the name of the Campaign. It also must be a fairly saturated (grey/colorless) tone. The Image must be custom, not just a copy paste, however 'Can' incorporate currently existing images. My final spec for this image is that it must be related to the Campaign theme: {See link below for inspiration and information on the project}.
    Incomplete
  • Campaign Screen {MDX}: This will be a very important, and very hard part of the campaign, I doubt that many people will have the ability, and even less will have the motivation so I will say in advance that if you intend to do a quick job on this, please don't bother {unless you're that good}. I intend that upon reaching this screen you will be motivated and be enticed into embarking on the journey that is Mages. Basically I respect a modeler whom can do this enough that there need only be a few specifications, and those are as follows: The Screen should in some instance contain a Blood Mage of whom must use a unique skin/Texture that should use the colour green, Also the background should be dark {Could be a Forest?}.
    Incomplete
  • Dark Mage + Light Mage Textures: When a Mage forgets all moral values, he or she will have become a Dark Mage. In this instance, the mage should change its Texture, For this request all you need to know is that there are two entities, Light and Dark. In my campaign, dark is represented by the colour green, whereas Light is represented by Light Blue. I need two different Textures made for the Blood Mage model in which should imply each of the different entities.
    Incomplete
Final Words
All participants in my project, no matter how small the contribution will be awarded immediately with credits. As soon as 'Required and Helpful input [in some instances this could just include comments], is given, Their names will be added to the below list which will eventually be transfered into the campaign in a much more interesting and rewarding way than any other credits have ever been given.
The Credits List
  • IKillForYou
  • General Frank
  • Elenai
  • HappyTauren

Last edited:
Level 8
New Requests + Information
Ok a new Request I have is for the UI, [User Interface]. If you don't know what it is don't bother. I need something that is magical and doesn't sway too much towards Light or Dark [the entities]. The base color should be black or a dark navey grey. Any attempts will be appreciated and + repped [to a certain extent].
Reminders
I would also like to take this opportunity to emphasis how in need I am of terrain, I have had a few PM's but if you are replying in regards to this thread, please leave your messages here and also if you are applying for a position please leave a sample of your work here.
Attatched is a template for the realm 1 terrain, please have a go at improving it, + rep will be given to any reasonable attempts to make it look good xD

Attachments

• Realm 1 - Terrain (Editable).w3x
    522.2 KB · Views: 68
Status
Not open for further replies.