• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Magecraft(Recruitment)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Sounds like a great game.
I'd like to be a terrainer.
I can't really give an example of my work to you except one guy who's seen it first hand but i lost the map on my last computer.
But I can do something you wan't me to, to judge me on that work to see if you'd like my help for the whole progression of the map.
I know a bit of trigering so I could help a bit there too also.

Level 12
So far the terrains up for option in the map are:

Durotar wasteland

Lordaeron Summer mixed up with other tiles

Icecrown Glacier

Lordaeron Fall

Your terraining skills are welcome,poor or good,if the terrain is poor ill add up doodads and make it look richer myself.The only thing that is completely unwanted is unlogical terraining(lava tiles on the grass tiles or in the water etc.) and terraining so simple that it doesnt make any sense at all(a bunch of trees shaped in a perfect square arent something youd often see in real life)

However,id still like to see how you terrain,so if you have time make a small map and make something simple,like a part of a river,a small village or something and send the map or screens to me.

Anyways,welcome to the team :)

Level 12
If you want to join the modeling position,please post some of your model screenshots.

Last edited:
Level 12
Thank you for applying.BTW when can you start with the map cause i already completed some of the terrain.

Level 12
Ok if you want to join the team let me know and ill pm you when we start the triggering(im doing the terrain now)

Level 11
Sorry i'd have it done by now but i got hit by that icestorm in the northeast lost power for 3 days, nothing i could do about it. Now something wrong with my computer with warcraft 3 on it and also is my only fast computer but hopefully fixing it now.

Level 12
its cool let me know when youre able to do the terraining i finished about 35% of it by now(i wouldve done much more but ive got a lot do to lately)

Level 12
Well since the situation is as it is now,you dont have to make the example terrain map all over again just take a look at these screens and tell me if you can terrain as similiar to that as possible(I dont mean copy them,just use the elevate terrain option instead of add cliffs like i did there,use imported tree models instead of blizz trees etc.)Its important cause the map will look crappy if 50% of it is covered in blizz cliffs and uses loarderon trees,and if the other 50% is elevated with imported trees.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44832&page=2

Level 12
Works for me...

Ill try uploading a pic here

picture7lq1.jpg

Level 12
Cool,the map really needs someone good with JASS.

Btw,if you dont want to wait till the terrain is finished on this map,im working on an another project simultaneously with this one,only this one is almost done i only need someone to fix a couple of leaks and do a couple of JASS coded spells.If you want to join the WoW Wars team let me know.

Heres the map thread(much has changed since i made the first post ill have to update it soon)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43944

Level 11
sorry man it's taking so long. if you want to replace me i'll understand but if your patient I will help. Nothing ever went wrong till i said i would help you lol. First driver gets screwed up, then i can't download it, hard to get something downloaded on dial up that takes 5 hours, then got grounded for a day, and yesterday i puked my guts out and today i'm not feeling any better. You cursed me!!!! lol. Sure your not actually a witch doctor?

Level 12
Yeah i wanted to replace you but i didnt have the heart to tell ya,so i made a voodoo doll of you and poked it a bit so that you couldnt come back till i finish the map :)

Joking,i will of course continue with the Magecraft project,but i wont finish the terrain anytime soon since im now fixing the WoW Wars map and fully remaking the terrain there(This one looks too much like DoTA).Im not planning to make any major changes to the Magecraft terrain untill i have more terrainers to help me so when you can help me let me know.I hope you get well soon.

Level 9
Please, Please, sign me in! I realllyyyyyyyyyy wanna be in this project. I may got low posts, but when I see this map idea, I wanna trigger! Well, if I can be in, then I make spells, terrain and triggering(GUI).

Triggering skills: ([1/10]): 8.7/10
Terrain: 7.3/10
Spells: 8.1/10

I think the camera should be like wow? If so, I could make that fast.

Level 12
Please, Please, sign me in! I realllyyyyyyyyyy wanna be in this project. I may got low posts, but when I see this map idea, I wanna trigger! Well, if I can be in, then I make spells, terrain and triggering(GUI).

Triggering skills: ([1/10]): 8.7/10
Terrain: 7.3/10
Spells: 8.1/10

I think the camera should be like wow? If so, I could make that fast.

Application accepted.Welcome to the team!

The project is regretably delayed a bit but you can start working on it right now if you want...ive done a bit of terraining,and as soon as its finished,ill make a couple of starting classes and spells.After that,the rest of the map is easy work.
Ill need you to do the terraining,only for 1 area(Barrens,but it shold be more tropical near the shores,a sunken ruins environment and tiles with barrens mix.)Just terrain the upper left quarter of the map like this,then ill do the rest,and then we can start on triggering and objects.

PM me when you can start working on the project.

Hi!
i would like to join this project that seems to be great when released.
i'm good at triggering i think and i do a bit of terraining.
i prefer triggering, doing spells and that stuff.

We have to finish the terrain first in order to start doing triggers.If you want to join the project,please be patient and ill pm you when we need a triggerer.

Level 12
I keep every single application in mind though i cant answer to all of them :(

In order to make spells,we need heroes finished.And in order to do the heroes,we have to do the terrain(its the easiest way).Ill post the map progress in its idea factory thread,when the terrains done ill be hiring more people for triggers etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.