• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[M] Sky City Outline Only!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1

Hey I'm making a map and this is my outline, I don't want to make a thread for it (yet) cause its not done. But based on the outline feed back on balance would be appreciated!

Notes
- The LOS blockers are there to help hinder early tank abuse (I don't think it's a problem in the map really)
- The high yield minerals are only accessible through that long bridge the Xel'Naga tower only shows the base, cant each through there
- Your second (or natural) is basically in your main accessible via ramp
- The cliff in the middle (lower middle) will have large ramps
- Thanks!

Level 11
Natural expansion inside the base seems a bit lame. Aside from that, looks good.

On a side note, what are the LoS blockers for anyways? I would think if someone was able to get tanks on that bridge, they would be able to use the tower for vis anyways, no?

edit: also,
tags would be nice, currently the image causes page stretching for small monitors D:

I'm not a real melee pro, but here some advices:
-put the rich mines into the middle
-put the second expansion to the third, and the third to the rich ones
-remove the LoS
-make the path to the third minerals (rich minerals at your image) not so long
-move the rocks from the third (rich minerals at your image) to the middle ramps
-and maybe add a bigger battlefield, for some bigger fights, looks a bit small to fight with large armies

Status
Not open for further replies.