1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Lynxrider

Submitted by Himperion
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Something about a glaive throwing woman riding a giant cat.

The faceguard, mount saddle and glaive, were took from wow rips, thinned in polys when possible, and skinned with ingame textures. The Lynx is a modded Panther, poly's where added on the belly to create the belt under the saddle, and the "funny" skinning by blizzard covered when possible.

About the lack of shield, i like how the model looks now, but i'm open to add one.

Apart of the main model, it comes with it's own Glaive missile.

19/05/2017

Updated the flying eyelids problem and changed the armor on the right arm.

09/03/2019

Reworked the wrap in the back of the Lynx, and added a second version with a shield.
Previews
Contents

Lynxrider (Model)

Missile (Model)

LynxRiderShield (Model)

Reviews
HappyCockroach
Wow, this is a really nice edit. Quite simple, but clearly useful and well-done. There is some room for improvement, especially regarding the wrap, but from the in-game view it's already looking good. A quite creative usage of the wyvern texture. And...
  1. Immortal34

Immortal34

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I'm not an expert at judging models, but in my opinion, that shoulder pad doesn't fit this model at all.

2. Gottfried

Gottfried

Resources:
    Resources:
    The idea is fine... just need some improvement.

3. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    something with the lynks ears doesn't look right to me.. maybe make them wider and shorter, also the lynks is missing its cheek fur shape. and lastly, the eyelids on the female are phasing in and out through her, fix or remove that

edit: the back-wrap of the back legs is very bad, compared to the every other piece of mesh, you should fix that too

4. Rence Kristoff

Rence Kristoff

Resources:
    Resources:
    What a lovely weapon, but yeah, the Shoulderpads could be better and more fitting, the eyes are sorta weird, I like her armor, specially the part on her face, it goes well with her hair style, smaller ears could do for the lynx, and I like the pack it has on the back.

5. darth_vader88

darth_vader88

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That demon rabbit looks scary. This is what happens when Satyrs and rabbits make love. The result don't really look much like a lynx :p
    I like the claws, they looks sharp and deadly. Keep up the good work. You should make a new race, a horde of demon rabbits lol

6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Man that lynx looks scared.
    4/5.

7. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    lol

8. Himperion

Himperion

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Ok, going to work on everything. About the ear size, well i compared this with the WoW version on the wiki and the other Lynx model here but sure going to see how to reduce it.

9. Tharifas

Tharifas

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I like it, but I would change the weapon so it isn't so similar to the huntress original model, but it's cool nonetheless

10. Grey Knight

Grey Knight

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Cool model

11. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wow, this is a really nice edit. Quite simple, but clearly useful and well-done. There is some room for improvement, especially regarding the wrap, but from the in-game view it's already looking good. A quite creative usage of the wyvern texture. And it works flawlessly in-game. The missile is a neat addition. Approved.

12. Krotos

Krotos

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yo Himp, I'm not sure if you've seen this Lynx model (Eversong Lynx) but do you think you'd be able to work with it if you get either Cavman's or Kuhne's permission to make a Lynxrider with that model as a mount?