• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lowering Braxis Alpha Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I've been messing with the Braxis Alpha tileset and I noticed that no matter the map's starting height if you try to lower cliff it simply cuts straight through the map into a space background. I couldn't find any threads dealing with this but does anyone know how to make it so I can lower cliff normally but also make it so one I reach the bottom of the map it will display the space background.

Level 7
You have to edit the Cliff's height levels in the Data Editor. Just make sure the lowest one is set to 0, and then set the others as you like. Unfortunately I think it only allows you like 4 levels.

In the terrain editor, there should be a section called terrain objects.
Then find show/hide terrain cells.
Show all terrain on the lowest level.

I think I found the sections each of you are talking about but I'm not sure what to change. I tried screwing with the cliff height numbers but nothing happened, and I can't find "show/hide terrain cells" in the terrain objects tab.

+ rep for helping me though

Level 7
If it cuts straight through that means you're already on the lowest level. Just get a big brush and start raising everything up.

You don't get what I mean dood. Basically I can create a Braxis Alpha map with any starting height (lets say 10 for example) and it only lets me raise the terrain by two floors as is normal for the GE (and plain stupid IMO since WE allowed you to go to max height for raising and lowering). The problem comes in when I try to lower the terrain since you can only lower the terrain once (whos dumb idea was this) it gives me a view out into space. What I want to do is have certain areas have actual tiling while other areas have a space view.

Status
Not open for further replies.