• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Love cooking? Share some strange recipes here!

I ate too much high fiber bread. Guess what happened.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I love cooking, but I don't just "cook". I have a tendency to experiment. Ever experienced the feeling of wanting to put everything in the kitchen in a single dish? Never did that, but still. Suprisingly, most of the things I cook end up being not half-bad to good.

I'd like to learn more from you guys, and I wanted to know whether any of you have a kink in cooking unusual things. I'm worried about heading to the path of emaciation, so recipes high in protein and substantial fat would be much appreciated.

Level 25
Lebanese Dishes:
1- Tabouleh: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabbouleh
tabouleh.jpg

2-Shawarma:
Meat:
shawarma.jpg

Chicken:
shawarma20sandiche.jpg

3-Fatayer:
lebanese_food_spinach_pie.jpg
Spinach
also their is Meat ones
4-Shich Kebab :
826991105_b7f9cd9bf8.jpg

Shich Taouk:
mainshishtaouk.jpg

etc...

Palastinian/Lebanese Food:
Falafel:
20070518_Nuba.jpg

falafel.jpg

and no it's not a national Israely dish, it's just stolen :/
Hummus:
hummus_p%281%29.jpg

Level 4
Lol, didn't expect an avalanche of food pictures, but hey, they look yummy.
Actually I was hoping for recipes that you guys made up yourselves.

Reborn...the meat in that cabbage thing...is that raw? :O
I'd love to try cooking these things, but some of the ingredients are too exotic for my locale.
I'll try the tabbouleh salad. Seems easy.

Level 27
Hmmm... well I don't remember any mine recipes now, but if you're quite an advanced cook you could cook Lithuanian "Cepelinai". Its like a potato something with errr... frikadels inside. maybe you could wiki or google the pic of cepelinai by yourself if you're intrested, I don't hacve time for it...

Level 12
ever tried soya mince macaroni? chasten soya mince in warm water while cooking mussel macaroni in another saucepan. I cant remember how much time to wait exactly for soya mince actually, but you can find it out on it's box. After both of them are done, mix them up with some yogurt, sprinkle some of your favorite spice and tuck in.

single life

Level 4
Hmmm... well I don't remember any mine recipes now, but if you're quite an advanced cook you could cook Lithuanian "Cepelinai". Its like a potato something with errr... frikadels inside. maybe you could wiki or google the pic of cepelinai by yourself if you're intrested, I don't hacve time for it...
Ingrediets are pretty easy to acquire...however the preparation needs a lot of work. D: I might need help with this one.
Knäckebröd.

930937617_527df5daea.jpg

Not really food, but it's good.
Those look like...dry waffles with a hole in the middle? Honestly, looks like fossilized mushrooms to me. Checked it, and it's actually crispy bread. D:

ever tried soya mince macaroni? chasten soya mince in warm water while cooking mussel macaroni in another saucepan. I cant remember how much time to wait exactly for soya mince actually, but you can find it out on it's box. After both of them are done, mix them up with some yogurt, sprinkle some of your favorite spice and tuck in.

single life
I guess this one's your own recipe, no? Google doesn't know this one. :p
That picture of fårikål wasn't prepared. It was just how it looks before it's heated up.
:D
:C Yes, but I don't think I can handle the cooking time. SEVERAL HOURS. Lol.

Level 4
Hehe :D
Usually people just put it on the oven and go watch TV :D

And here's a better picture or "Knäckebröd" or, "Knekkebrød" as we call it in Norway:
img_2534.jpg
Thanks for the closer look. I love grains, and that Knäckebröd looks pretty grainy.
yes its my own recipe
Glory to new recipes.
I just love ...

brownies1.jpg

BROWNIES!!!
Self-made of course, that is surprisingly easy :p

I also can't get enough of that shit:

Milchreis.jpg

Rice pudding!! yum yum yum
Oh how I love Rice Pudding Saturday. Good times. For the brownies, I like mine with chocolate icing, fudge filling and almonds.
Mmm, boerekool.
That picture looks delicious. The curves, the creases, the meat, the green, the blue, the bits of indeterminate substance in the center, and the entire way it's arranged. It's a work of art. I want to prepare this. >:O
EDIT: M'kay. Upon realization of the fact that there is no boerenkool (green stuff) within a thousand mile radius of where I am, I lost all hope. Still. D:

Level 4
Fiakergulasch.jpg

It's called Fiakergulasch, and it's some kind of stew, with beef, pickles, eggs, sausages and Knödel. It's a traditional dish from Vienna, Austria, and tastes great.

The posts tell me that most of you are from Europe, yes? That aside, many of my faves are stews, and this one looks like a fiesta of flavors. The Knödel seems easy enough to make. Knödel, such a cute name.

Level 4
food-cuisine-fried-insects-worms-caterpillars-grubs-SO01-wide-horizontal.jpg

Yummy
Recipe: go to closest spot with some dirt, dig up whatever you can find and fry it :D
Oh mah gawd. Well, it's not as bad as the pics of fried rats and cockroaches. Oh, some people eat it raw. And if you're stranded somewhere, you can search for termite mounds and consume the little guys to appease your hunger a bit until you get rescued. I just found out last week that they are actually safe (still yuck) to eat. See: Apes.

Status
Not open for further replies.