• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

LoTRO vs WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I've noticed in many other threads people are starting to get into an MMO debate so I've made this thread so you can vent your opinion on which game will outlast the other.

The reason that LotRO , i my opinion, will win out WoW is that the world, concept and storyline is way better then anything Blizzard comes out with, and now since it has a equal and or greater game style makes it much more appealing.

Not mentioning LotR is the most popular, between movies and books, fantasy story of all time.

As i said before.

Yes it is a clone, but a clone of WoW with the amazing story of LotR is a unstoppable combo.

Level 13
Well, WoW wasn't all that original itself. It just took ideas from other MMOs and made it all work together.

Level 6
Thats what's good about WoW, it has all other good elements from other MMOS all in one. LoTRO might not have all of that. But the big question is, Is it cheaper then WoW Monthly-Fee wise?

Level 14
anything Lord of the Rings based gets my vote
<--- LotR junky

(downloading trial right now)

Level 13
I only played LOTRO free trial, but in my opinnion PvE was pretty boring and mostly nothing new but Monster Play was really great and something new in my opinnion.

Level 13
So what's the game about? :bored:
The time before Fellowship of the Ring, when the Witch King ruled over Angmar. Actually I think the lore in the book (YES! the story moves forward in the game) is now happening during the Fellowship of the Ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.