• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

LOTR Resource

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm looking for someone who can create a proper working portrait for this resource (and, optionally, reduce the file size of one or more of the resource's parts through compression without sacrificing too much quality).

There are four parts to this resource. While I've tried to make my own portrait, the results have been dismal and I don't really have the time to learn how to do better, since I've gotten to the point where I'm busy every day. Between self-employment and working on LOTR Risk: Strongholds when I have a couple of hours, there's little time to learn new skills.

If you're good with such things and/or enjoy LOTR Risk: Strongholds on Make Me Host and would like to help with this resource work, I'd be happy to +rep you.

The original resource maker (qpPyKT) gave me his permission to use this resource, but he's no longer active, so I can't ask him to complete it.

The problem is that the portrait I tried to make is "dynamic"; it moves rather than sitting static as a portrait is meant to.

- Sinandur

Edit: It's the knight on the right in the attached map.

Edit: If the resource gets the love it needs and you're happy to share the finished product, then hopefully we can put it up on the Hive (with credit to you and qpPyKT) so that everyone who wants a top-notch LOTR Knight resource has access to it. I know there are already some great LOTR skins and such (Antihero, CloudWolf, Hueter, I'm looking at you), but I feel more variety can only be a good thing.

Edit: Screenshots of the resource added.

Imrahil.jpg

Imrahil Portrait.jpg

Knights of Dol Amroth.png

383, 7

Attachments

• Knight of Dol Amroth.w3m
    346.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Level 5
Thank you very much for your work, Casper. I'll certainly rep you for this. Just one thing, can you give me the new paths for the parts of it? I've tried the old paths and inputting what should logically be the new ones, but I'm just getting the knights as black spots on the ground.

Level 5
Ah, is that a third-party program for modifying models and such? I tried to import directly into a map and had no luck. I'm afraid if it is a third-party program, I don't have it. I'm not really a modeller.

Edit: Is there any way you could send put up a warcraft 3 map with the model in-use, like the one I provided in the original post? Or do I need these other programs to get the model working?

FINAL EDIT: These are the paths for the finished unit:

Knight_Portrait.mdx
DolFace.blp
DolBody.blp
Knight.mdx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.