• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

LOTR BUILDER 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello guys I would like to bring back LOTR BUILDER to life please, i'm working on the geography of the map for now, as it will take some times, i'd like to find models for capital and major cities in wich you could be able to build inside, close and open gates, and some would have also special abilites.
for the units i'll use lotr risk strongholds models and of course i'll give credits.
please feel free to join the adventure by sending me Pm :)

Level 3
Hey valandil i appreciate, that but i need the textures from helms deep also tho and they r only so good in lotrc, r u online tho ?

Level 3
Hey valandil i appreciate, that but i need the textures from helms deep also tho and they r only so good in lotrc, r u online tho ?
but i'd love to know how you imported the doodads and structures for the cities and fortress, this way i could do the same but my way :)

Level 14
There might be a tutorial about importation but I did not find one.
However I can tell you how to import something.
In the editor open the import manager which can be opened with the icon the closest to the map testing icon.
Then right click on the middle of the import manager window to open a contextual menu that have the import file option.
Use that option and it lets you import any file.
For adding new 3d models import the files corresponding to the 3d models.
Congratulation you know how to add new 3d models to your map.
Afterwards you can use the 3d models in custom units, items, doodads, destructibles and spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.