• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lost Shallows

CroMoX Presents

Lost Shallows
Created by CroMoX

Map Info:
The Lost shallows is a Survival, Mini-Game, where you and a friend are stranded on some shallows in the middle of the ocean after a freak storm causes the ship to crash into it. The game has 4 heroes, which have Two Tiers. Lost Shallows is a simple hero survival game that has two difficulties.

Mode:
Classic:
Classic consists of 35 waves, containing 3 levels. Level One/Two have 10 waves in it, which both have unique item drops, consisting of 4 items with 2 potions. Level Three has 15 waves, which has unique item drops, consisting of 4 items, but only 1 potion. Within all these levels, there are Secret Drops which are found by using the command; -hint. In Classic mode you are able to Tier Up at the end of Level One, allowing you to become stronger. At the start Player 1, is allowed to pick difficulties. Only the classic mode contains the secret item.

Heroes:
Lost Shallows has 4 heroes (Mage, Witcher, Soul, and an Assassin), and within each the hero can Tier up, allowing you to become stronger as the game progresses.

As a Tier 1 Hero, you are able to select between 3 spells, and an ultimate which is obtainable at Level 4.
As a Tier 2 Hero, you are able to select between 3 spells, an ultimate, and a legendary skill, which is obtainable at Level 8.

Screenshots:

201832-albums5850-picture61912.png

201832-albums5850-picture68736.jpg

Credits:
First off, Thank you to everyone on www.hiveworkshop.com that has helped me.
Models, Icons, etc
JetfangInferno, Ket, CRAZYRUSSIAN, bigapple90, Deolrin, -berz-, mortal, Mr.Goblin, NFWar, Paladon, -Grendel, Kuhneghetz,

Things to Note:
- Can now solo it, but still hard to beat final boss
- The item drops are random so some games are good, some are not so.
- This is the last version I shall be releasing, unless you have found any bugs or little errors. Then I will update to fix it, but in sense after this patch there will be no more major updates.
Keywords:
CroMoX, Survival, Lost, Shallows, Lost Shallows, Sea, Shipwreck, Battle, Death, Water
Contents

Lost Shallows (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Nov/13 20:55:13 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Comment:You should maybe make singleplayer mode easier, I died at the second wave already. (as the mage) /o/ [tr]Not Rated Rules

M

Vengeancekael
Date: 2012/Nov/13 20:55:13
[Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact]

Comment:
You should maybe make singleplayer mode easier, I died at the second wave already. (as the mage) /o/​
Not Rated
[tr]​

reportV2_animated.jpg
Rules

Level 10
~This is the last major update, but I will update if any bugs or problems are reported by people~
Update v1.00:
- Release

Update v1.01:
- Added Single Player
- Fixed Characters

Update v1.02:
- Fixing Single Player, to make it easier
- Changing Weather
- Balancing to Monsters/Heros
- Item balance
- More tips

Update v1.03:
- Level 3 monsters now have passive abilities
- Changing revive system to allow trading of lives
- Fixed tooltips

Update v1.04 (OUT NOW):
- Changes to Assassin's gender, to add some variety for players.
- Changing the Secret Item
- Buffed and Nerfed some characters Tier 1
- Changed the item drop slightly, to drop potions more than weapons.

Anyone found the secret item yet?!?

Last edited:
Level 10
Thanks for input Fusion. I only wanted a certain amount of things to be unkiteable, like the sea elementals. Snap Dragons slow movement speed in the new version, so they are hard to kite now.

Question: Did you enjoy it?

Level 20
This map is pretty good, i played it solo untill lvl 3 and it was fun!

Do more creeps spawn when playing with 2 Players? because i was able to solo untill lvl 3 with Mage (hit and run tactic) and it seemed pretty easy.

Also found a little mistake in the Static Fury Ability of the Tier 2 Mage:

Wrong%20Hotkey.jpg

It says that the hotkey is W, when it actually is Q, please fix that.

Also another thing that bothers me is that the blue font for the hotkeys is not really visible, changing it to Orange, Yellow or Green would be much better.

good luck on improving your map 5/5 +rep! :thumbs_up:

Level 10
Thanks for the input, and in multiplayer more dont spawn the difference is strength, creeps in multiplayer have more health and the damage debuff is removed from them. Also with two people it is much harder to co-ordinate kiting.

Shall fix those problems you have shown me

Level 30
This game is so fun. I love the way that the heroes improve each time... also the Item System but with that, I feel like a loner in the game even with two players. Add some extra events in the game that randomly appear in a wave. That'll make the game a little fun. +REP for the great game even how simple is it.

-Add some extra events in game.
-Add some more items that monster drops. I notice that in Round 1-10, the item drops keeps the same: Sword, Shield and sometimes Bracelet.

Level 10
Thanks Hell Master for the comments.

Yeah I have been thinking about events, but I'm wondering what to do, might add in an event at the end if two people are playing.
Also I will add more items, but i might have to change just a bit to make potion drops easier.

Level 30
Thanks Hell Master for the comments.

Yeah I have been thinking about events, but I'm wondering what to do, might add in an event at the end if two people are playing.
Also I will add more items, but i might have to change just a bit to make potion drops easier.

Yes, I have notice too that monster doesnt drop potions. You know that potions are key to survival...:xxd:

Level 10
Really Assassin without a single life? Hmm I must be bad cause I usually struggle till Tier 2 Level 4 as him.

Single Player is something I rushed, since it was meant to be 2-Player only, but I added it in.