• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking to emulate lightning strike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello!
I want to emulate a lightning strike for player(Scene happens in the middle of the storm).
It's not nececcary to spawn the lightning itself - I just want to brighten up a screen a little(a flash).
I don't know where to look for this.Any tips?

Level 13
Blizzard used the "Cinematic - Fade Filter" plus "Play - Sound" actions to do it. Here's how they did the "Occasional Lightning" from map NightElfX04:
  • Occasional Lightning
    • Events
      • Time - LightningTimer expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait until (InCinematic Equal to False), checking every 1.00 seconds
      • Countdown Timer - Start LightningTimer as a One-shot timer that will expire in (Random real number between 25.00 and 60.00) seconds
      • Cinematic - Fade out and back in over 0.12 seconds using texture White Mask and color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 5.00% transparency
      • Wait 0.03 seconds
      • Cinematic - Fade out and back in over 0.12 seconds using texture White Mask and color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 5.00% transparency
      • Wait 0.20 seconds
      • Set RandomSound = (Random integer number between 1 and 2)
      • If (RandomSound Equal to 1) then do (Sound - Play LightningBolt1 <gen>) else do (Do nothing)
      • If (RandomSound Equal to 2) then do (Sound - Play RollingThunder1 <gen>) else do (Do nothing)
Do note that the timer from the event above is started in another trigger once the very first cinematic ends.
  • Countdown Timer - Start LightningTimer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 30.00 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.