• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for World Editor Strings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently developing a tool for Warcraft 3.
This tool's purpose is to translate trigger-Texts generated by World Editor using the copie as text.
  1. One copies the trigger text in world Editor, paste it into the left panel.
  2. selects the source language
  3. selects the result language
  4. translated
The Language files are lists of keywords/Terms used by world Editor. The Keywords/Terms found in the text using language 1 are replaced by the ones from language 2.
It is in an fine state but currently only supports 2 languages (German, English), which is for an overall release pretty low :|.
Therefore I search for World Editor Strings from other languages, which are not contained in my Warcraft 3 version.

And no, I don't want to download Warcraft 3 from battle.net in any language to gain an 1> mb file, named "WorldEditStrings.txt", from each download (more then 1 gb each).

This file "WorldEditStrings.txt" should be located inside war3.mpq/UI/ .

example.jpg

Thanks for your support.

Last edited:
Hmm, i did now write an language term generating program based on rulesets, but there is something wrong.
It Should allow users to generated the own needed language pretty easy.

But Special letters like ÜÖÄ are not saved like world editor copies them, likely text-format stuff.
Does Somebody know which text-format world editor uses for copy triggers?
I tried UTF-8 looked alike but it wasn't the right one.
Edit: Silly me, UTF-8 is the right one should read in UTF-8, too. :)
not only write with it.

Edit: I did now publish the program into the Tool Section.

Edit: UTF-8 is not right, world Editor in German seems to use Shift_JIS no idea why but it gives the wanted result. But one has to read with something different for example windows-1252

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.