• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for SCRIPTER (FPS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys

So here's the deal, I've seen all that's possible in the Galaxy Editor, and with a long-running experience in the World Editor I'm making some plans.

The main plan that this thread is about is my quest to make a first person shooter. I've seen many videos of nice FPS systems (just demonstrations, not actual maps) and I've made some plans to create a FPS of my own.

This is not gonna be another crap map that another random does some half-ass job of then just flings it into the endless sea of custom maps. Another boring, repetitive *bang bang yawn lame* map that wastes all its potential. I plan to make it something else entirely, an immersive, exciting, action-packed game that is fast-paced, enjoyable and re-playable.

I have watched and created many cinematics and played many different maps over the years and can easily translate my knowlege of immersion from that to my own game.

I can make the terrain and I have ideas for weapons, upgrades, enemies, story-lines and cut-scenes to make this game something else, but the main fundamental thing I'm lacking is a solid first person shooting system.

If someone has the scripting knowledge to make a good first person system AND a good projectile system (i.e. have the projectiles you fire go to where your mouse is aiming [and even have them damaging when they impact if you want]) and wishes to join me, share their system and let me incorporate it into my map I'd be most appreciative. I've asked some randoms who I've seen display a range of FPS systems but none have replied and it's not looking too good.

I don't have the editor yet, I may or may not get it before it officially comes out, but I have already started planning the whole project so that when I do get it I can begin work immediately.

Reply to this thread or PM me is you are interested or have any suggestions :thumbs_up:.

Status
Not open for further replies.