• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for links to Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
BTW what is hive's standard when using ripped models? surely there are some thats acceptable right?...i mean would they accept models from other games or anime that is made from scratch? if we use models that is directly from other games (WoW for example, i think there is a tool which allows you to view wow models and transfer it to WE with all its animations) would they still accept it?
(im saying this right now coz im planning to use final fantasy based models as summoned monster in my map :D)

Level 3
The Hive Workshop allows you to use models and art from other games as long as the copyrights of those games are owned by Blizzard Entertainment.[self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/faq/realfaq/#faq_wowmodels"]From...Why are resources from other games not allowed?[/self]
aw this means i cant use final fantasy based models? but then again why is there something like [self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/dissidia-final-fantasy-warriors-voyage-orpg-191291/"]This[/self]

Last edited:
NO 100% EXPORTS FROM OTHER GAMES ARE ALLOWED.

What if the animations are completely custom?

Where does it say that?

Anyway, the rule is this:
Game exports: As of September 28, 2011, The Hive Workshop is accepting the exportation and use — in maps or mods — of artistic resources (skins, icons, and models) from games whose copyrights are owned by Activision Blizzard or Blizzard Entertainment.

So you must check the model to see if it is from a non-blizzard game if you want to submit the map to the hive.

aw this means i cant use final fantasy based models? but then again why is there something like this?

You can use final fantasy based models as long as the author did not make copyright claims over it. For example, if someone made a model that looks like a final fantasy character and submitted it to the hive, then you can use it. If it is ripped from a game, then no.

Status
Not open for further replies.