• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Looking for Feedback on new Project - "Dungeon Explorer"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So i recently came back to w3 modding after a long time and decided that its finally time to stop doing half assed projects which never get finished and actually see something to an end for once.

I decided to do a campaign with a series of WoW-like dungeons where the player instead of fulfilling only one of the roles (Dps/Healer/Tank) has to controll the entire party.
With all of that in mind i created a prototype which accurately reflects what i want to make and also shows the level of my GUI scripting.
I would be very happy with all feedback on what to Improve, wheather the Difficulty is alright (Challenging but not impossible also Bugs you noticed as well as Ideas for potential boss Mechanics.
I am absolutely aware that what i created is far from perfect so dont hestitate to be brutally honest if there are some shortcoming that require immediate attention.
I already have sort of a "To do List" with the project before i can call it Ver. 1.0.0
But i want to be sure that there isnt something crucial I'm missing.

Current to do list:

Top Priority:

Add Victory/Defeat Trigger
Add Lore Pt. 1(Map Descriptions/Boss Descriptions/Boss Names)
Have a Total of 15 Maps(Since that is the number of ideas i have clearly fleshed out)
Add Chains of Dungeons with Chronologic Order and simmilar Themes (Essentialy Raid wings in WoW terms)
Properly Balance Bosses
Add Enrage Mechanic to Each Fight

Middle Priority:

Add Lore Pt. 2(Boss Dialogue/Cinematics)
Custom Map Loading Screens and Campaign Logo.
Add custom Bossfight Music

Wishful Thinking Way in the Future:

Difficulty Settings.
Add Respawn and Fight Reset

PS: I don't want to use custom models in my project since i would like it to be as easily portable to reforged as possible

PPS: Typing "skipbossx" skips the xth boss in the map instantly killing him and removing all path blockers surrounding his arena

Attachments

• Dungeon Explorer v.0.0.0 .w3n
    173.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.